No announcement yet.

Tapatalk is currently disabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the heck. It's working again for me now. Yesterday it confirmed it was not connecting. It's alive! It's turned off in the admin panel. Once you install it there's no going back etc.... Will investigate tomorrow. If it has also undone my hack I'm going to be hacked off (see what i did there?)

Comment

This gets worse and worse. No more smilies. Not only is it now sending these details without notifying forum owners, it turns out Tapatalk sends your email address, forum password and session details to the tapatalk servers unencrypted. Jesus. If you use tapatalk in public, anyone nearby can simply pluck those details out of the air. They send ALL the user details, regardless of whether or not they have ever used tapatalk.

I checked in admin and tapatalk is disabled and in the tapatalk.com website admin, it told me it's disabled on bordersdown. And yet it was still working...

The whole thing is a giant security nightmare. I've now successfully unpublished bordersdown and uninstalled tapatalk from all my devices.
      Last edited by charlesr; 19-12-2015, 23:55.

Comment

The mobile browser seems decent enough.

Why is Tapatalk doing this now? I am a huge fan of the interface. Such a pity.

Comment

Yeah I use it a lot (well at least I did). And the notifications for PMs and stuff is really useful. I'll keep an eye on it and if it gets sorted I'll bring it back.

It's not a new thing. It's just people are only starting to understand it. I guess the pressure of trying to run a free app and still make money means a few corners have been cut. There's another one called Forum Runner but end users have to pay for it, so that's not too popular.

Comment

This is a real ball-ache.

I use Tapatalk all the time. I only realised how much when I keep habitually checking in to the forum and it kept erroring out over the weekend.

Is this my fault for pushing the LIKE buttons?

Comment

I highly recommend you don't use it in public (assuming you use it for other sites which allegedly exist outside of Bordersdown.net)

Comment

Tapatalk has updated all their privacy stuff for GDPR and they no longer track personal data in ways I don't agree with, so I have re-enabled the app. The article feed should be available at some point shortly too, although I can't get it to work at the moment - chatting with their support team. There is also a tapatalk chatroom.

Tapatalk is a free app available for iOS and Android. It will show you adverts which have nothing to do with me. You can pay to turn them off or I can pay monthly to do that universally, but I'd only do it if there are lots of tapatalk users.

Paging [MENTION=13193]nakamura[/MENTION]

Comment

Glad that you've kept up with this and done your due diligence on them, though I'm still a little hesitant on getting back into bed with them as they really did frustrate me when using them before. Kept changing the app layout at a moment's notice, ads even after you did pay for it, etc. If anyone gives the iPhone app a shot and finds it to be better than it was, I'd be open to hearing about it.

Comment

Just realised that the "like" plugin on the forum is compatible with the like button on tapatalk through some witchcraft.

Comment

[MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] always nice to see new forum features, so thanks! However, would it be possible to disable the thing where it says 'Sent from my Motorola'?

Comment

That's done in your own tapatalk settings I think. Look for signature
                        Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] always nice to see new forum features, so thanks! However, would it be possible to disable the thing where it says 'Sent from my Motorola'?

Comment

Ah god. Well in that case, everyone using Tapatalk turn that off pls and thx.

Comment

Tapatalk can do one. It's awful really. Worse than it used to be and constantly asking for money.

Comment

Cheers Brad - this is about what I expected

Comment

I'm turning off Tapatalk to test some stuff for a bit. And skimlinks is off, plus viglinks is on.
                                Last edited by charlesr; 23-07-2019, 14:58.

Comment

Working...
                                X