No announcement yet.

Charity Drive: Latest: Buster Broon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could we have a running total for this Charles? Be nice to see it creeping up to the target

Comment

It's here Matt ..http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...srunsamarathon

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I wondered where all your motivation came from in the fitness thread, I thought this was just how you normally rolled!

To continue with Matt's idea - I was going to buy either Darkness 2 or Kingdoms this weekend, but I think I'll just stick with Skyrim for now.

Good luck C

Comment

Shout to PeteJ! Thanks dude. And a new colour for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
              Could we have a running total for this Charles? Be nice to see it creeping up to the target
              Unfortunately the virgingiving site isn't as sorted as the justgiving site. The latter has widgets for target picture embeds. But virgingiving is free for charities to use, whereas jg asks them to pay. I'll update the thread title every now and then.

Comment

Shout to Kaido! Nice one.

Comment

Cheers, we all need a nudge in the right direction every now and then

Comment

4 mile run in the dark (new headtorch). Nice and easy pace, off-road. Legs still battered. Rest day tomorrow in readiness for Saturday's 15miles.

Latest shout to evilboris! Smart.

Totals so far:
                    ?85 for WPF (my marathon sponsorship)
                    ?150 split between the other two

Please remember you need to sponsor here to get the change of usergroup.

Comment

So you're only seen as being a contributor if you sponsor your charity?

Comment

Yep. I thought I made it pretty clear in the info. I hope. But everyone gets recognition in this thread.

Comment

I was only teasing you big fella, you're the SE DLC of charity earning.

Comment

Heheh.

Today's training. Got up at 7. Ate porridge. Drunk a pint of water. At 8 drunk some ARGI and ate some raisins. 9am, went for a 15 mile run. -2degC. Eeep. After 6 miles drunk a flat can of FAB energy drink that I had stashed earlier. Got round in 1:58 which was bang on what I was aiming for, i.e. 45 seconds per mile slower than race pace. Wasn't even out of breath! Feel fine now too. It's 'only' 15 miles though.

Comment

7 miles today. Felt really tired, and forgot to take my watch/HRM so had no idea how fast I was going. Turns out I was going ahem... too fast. It was mostly off-road with a couple mins of slow warm up (and a dog I had to leap over as it ran at me - injured my groin on landing - not happy: get a lead!). Nailed it in 49:40......

So 7:05min/mi
                              No way I can keep that pace up for a marathon currently (3:05!) but interesting that that's how fast my body wanted to go. I wonder what time I would have done on-road.

?100 for my marathon sponsorship
                              ?125 for Macmillan
                              ?25 for BSA

Read me
                              Last edited by charlesr; 15-02-2012, 08:50.

Comment

Guess what? I went running. 4miles, easy pace because my legs are hurting from yesterday's ludicrous pace. I've no idea if I'm getting the right balance of no pain, no gain, but there seems to be a lot of pain. Not as-in injury pain, but just my legs going "WTF!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X