Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play-Asia problem

Hey all,

Play-Asia have let me down and sold me a used game which was listed as new. The game is Ketsui Death Label, so it wasn't cheap. I had an email notification setup if it came back into stock (new). I've sent them an email but I've got a feeling this isn't going to go very well.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? What can I do? I paid by PayPal.

Thanks.

How let down are you exactly? Used it goes for ?50+, new would be PS2 Ibara prices I'd reckon.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      How let down are you exactly? Used it goes for ?50+, new would be PS2 Ibara prices I'd reckon.
      I paid ?76 for it, which is more than what I would pay for a used copy. I'm quite fussy about condition so I was waiting to get a mint used copy or a new one, if one ever popped up at the right price. The condition is very good. When I saw no shrink wrap on it, I thought it was possible it was still new, however it is definitely used.

Comment

Best bet would be to send them an e-mail and explain the issue and hope to get a partial refund.

However, I refuse to believe that Play-Asia marked it as new etc. While I understand your frustration, you really should have known that Ketsui Death Label had a fairly limited print, and are no longer possible to obtain new anywhere except from personal sellers who never opened the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
          However, I refuse to believe that Play-Asia marked it as new etc.
          It was IN STOCK here: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-2rh8.html
          Not here: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-3kod.html

So yes, it was advertised as a NEW condition game.

Comment

I see, that's pretty poor of them. Send an e-mail mate.

Comment

Can vouch for BR on this, as he gave me the heads up on it being in stock too and I was dithering over whether or not to part with the cash. Unexpectedly poor show from P-A.

Comment

Apart from no shrink wrap what were the other indications that it was used?

Only other thing I can think of is that the shop opened it for various reasons but it was never actually sold. I know a few shops used to do things like this...

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                  Apart from no shrink wrap what were the other indications that it was used?

Only other thing I can think of is that the shop opened it for various reasons but it was never actually sold. I know a few shops used to do things like this...
                  When I saw the shrink wrap missing I also thought this, however upon closer insepction it has:

-cigarette smell
                  -wear on outer box edges, crease on flap of box
                  -yellowing/discolouration to part of the outer box
                  -slight yellowing/discolouration to top part of label on cartridge
                  -super-play DVD not sealed
                  -small damage on super-play DVD jewel case

P-A have asked me to send photos of the item and the packaging it came in. They have also said local customs sometimes open packages I can tell it was definitely not opened by customs.

I will not buy from P-A again.
                  Last edited by Blade Runner; 14-02-2012, 13:56.

Comment

hmmmm , that's weird , so far i haven't any accidents with play-asia , hope there will be not any issues .... but it might happen even on ebay , but in this case you are fully covered by PAYPAL .

Comment

Just to give an update, Play-Asia accepted for me to return the game for a refund excluding shipping, resulting in a ?16.11 loss for me.

Comment

Thats just ****, they sold you an item not as described im pretty sure you could get that shipping back as it's PA's fault. I'd check with paypal.

Comment

Working...
                        X