Seriously considering picking up a JP 3DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously considering picking up a JP 3DS

Already have a NTSC/US one, but at the moment I'm more tempted to get a JP 3DS than a Vita, to be honest. Not very many Vita games that appeal to me that have release date in the near future except for Gravity Rush, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention and maybe Dynasty Warriors Next. I already have Disgaea 3 for and Dynasty Warriors 7 for PS3 though, so no rush there at all.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone of you have a JP 3DS and could maybe recommend any games! After a quick glance over at Play-Asia, I could find the following import-friendly games

Senran Kagura
    Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai
    Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
    Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun Special
    Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary
    Crayon Shin-Chan: Uchuu de Achoo!? Yuujou no Oba-Karate!!

Does anyone know any other import-friendly games, or upcoming import-friendly games for the 3DS maybe?

Oh, and I really, REALLY, REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY wish I knew about...
    before it got sold out everywhere and went to $400 on eBay.
    Last edited by Nico87; 13-02-2012, 21:32.

Gundam The 3D Battle is good, as it MH3G (which will get an English release some time I imagine). The only game I've been looking at is Azito 3D but I'm waiting on a deal for that.

Comment

As someone who bought a JP one last year after getting a PAL one at launch, I'll say that at the minute it's really only worth it if you're a fan of the more niche stuff. Senran Kagura is great (check the site review for more) and Theatrhythm should be fun but after that it's the likes of Project Diva and 'If I were trapped in a room with a girl' game which are, in the case of Project Diva, sure to be fun but definitely niche.

There are only a couple of games on the Virtual Console that haven't hit the PAL one as well that are worth it.

All that said, with it being region locked, if it's anything like the DS then there will be quite a few great Japan-only games released that you would otherwise miss out on. I don't regret getting mine, just depends on how you like your quirky/niche games as to how much it's worth it really.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. I'd say I'm fairly into the more niche stuff. It's what makes Japan-exclusives stand out to be honest, and partly the reason why I like it so much.

I'm in no rush though, will probably wait for a few months and see what's what.

Azito looks a bit too strategy-ish for me, in terms of the language barrier and what not. I checked out Gundam The 3D Battle when I was wa****g over the Gundam 3DS. Is it like most anime games, for "fans only"? Haven't watched a single episode of any Gundam anime.

I'm not really sure we're gonna get MH3G. Capcom have really been spitting on US/EU lately in some cases. I don't really think it's big enough over here, plain and simple. The multiplayer aspect of the game equals around 70% of the Japanese sales, I'm sure, and multiplayer on a handheld isn't something that will ever be big in the Western world.

Code of Princess looks awesome, it's on my list now for sure.

I'm actually glad I can't read Japanese. I'd have around fifteen 3DS games already and about 7000 PSP games if I could.
        Last edited by Nico87; 13-02-2012, 20:43.

Comment

Also as a bonus you will have access to the jpn eshop which has stuff on there that none of the others have like 3d episodes of game center cx

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
            Code of Princess looks awesome, it's on my list now for sure.

I'm actually glad I can't read Japanese. I'd have around fifteen 3DS games already and about 7000 PSP games if I could.
            Forgot about Code of Princess. That one looks fantastic, definitely a day one as far as I'm concerned.

Never worry about the language, I know very little and it hasn't stopped me Trial and error is a mantra to live by as far as import games are concerned :P

Comment

Code of Princess is on my list too. I've still not got round to playing Senran Kagura, and although I've got MH3G I think not having played any of the other localised games in the series isn't leading to a particularly smooth experience.

Theatrhythm and Rhythm Kaitou R both look to be quite excellent. There's a G-Rev shooter on its way soon that I've forgotten the name of too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                I checked out Gundam The 3D Battle when I was wa****g over the Gundam 3DS. Is it like most anime games, for "fans only"? Haven't watched a single episode of any Gundam anime.

I'm not really sure we're gonna get MH3G. Capcom have really been spitting on US/EU lately in some cases. I don't really think it's big enough over here, plain and simple. The multiplayer aspect of the game equals around 70% of the Japanese sales, I'm sure, and multiplayer on a handheld isn't something that will ever be big in the Western world.
                I'm not a big Gundam fan either but I love blowing giant mech up with other giant mech, so it was a hit with me.

I'm 97% sure MH3G is going to come out elsewhere in the world. MHTri had decent enough sales and the volume of gameage involved should persuade Capcom they need to do it.

There's not much else on the schedule for the next few weeks for me, Bokukan having disappeared once again. Hopefully SRW 3DS will make an appearance towards the end of the summer months, as will A-Ressha 3D.

Comment

Nintendo Japan do seem to be a bit more on the ball with the digital stuff, there's significantly more demos available on the Japanese store.

The drawback is that the different digital stores seem to be much more fragmented content-wise compared with PSN or XBL. There's loads of digital games on the Japanese store that will never appear on the European or American stores, but the Japanese store is also unlikely to get western digital games like VVVVV.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    Code of Princess is on my list too. I've still not got round to playing Senran Kagura, and although I've got MH3G I think not having played any of the other localised games in the series isn't leading to a particularly smooth experience.

Theatrhythm and Rhythm Kaitou R both look to be quite excellent. There's a G-Rev shooter on its way soon that I've forgotten the name of too.
                    Rhythm Kaitou R is getting a EU/US release aswell under the the much worse name Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure, so I guess I'll buy the US one.

Had completely forgotten about the G.rev shooter. I think I've seen some screenshots of it and it looks similar to Strania, which is a good thing. I think the name of the 3DS game is Kakuga or Kokuga.

Another must-have that I forgot is Rodea the Sky Soldier, but I'm 99% sure that'll get a Western release aswell, seeing as every game Prope has made has been localized.
                    Last edited by Nico87; 14-02-2012, 18:30.

Comment

Can you use a UK charger on a Japanese 3DS?

Comment

Of course.

Comment

Working...
                        X