Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Giant God (JPN), Legends of the Titan (US)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Giant God (JPN), Legends of the Titan (US)

Scheduled for July 5 in Japan for the 3DS.
    I want it.
    Seven new classes will be available, though some sound similar to jobs already seen in the previous three games (Medic, Dancer, Swordman).
    The team developing the game is composed by EO veterans, with the game helmed by Daisuke Kaneda, who previously worked as the battle planner for the first EO.
    Right now the most striking feature is an easier difficulty level for beginners and the ability to change between easy and normal (by EO standards) during the game.
    Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 27-11-2012, 20:15. Reason: added JPN and US subtitles

First batch of screenshots thanks to Siliconera via Nintendo Direct.
    The airship thing in the last screenshot could poitn out to something similar to EO3, right now I'd say the charades suffers from too many school uniform-inspired costumes.

Comment

Never played a game in the series myself. What is it, turn based?

Comment

It's a dungeon crawler, tile-based movement with turn-based combat.

Comment

Animated 3D monsters

Standard enemies look OK, I'd like to see how more complex designs will fare in 3D.

Comment

Is this the same series that had the big balls that were extremely difficult enemies? The one where you were drawing your own map? If so I look forward to your opinions on this one

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
              Is this the same series that had the big balls that were extremely difficult enemies? The one where you were drawing your own map? If so I look forward to your opinions on this one
              (a bit late but...) yes it is.

And look, the first trailer!

It shows monsters moving in the labyrinth, not sure if they are F.O.E.s (giant orange glowing balls of hate in previous game, visible on the map) or standard enemies (invisible random encounters).
              Want want want. I can't see Atlus passing down on this.

Comment

Animated monsters...

...and what looks like a new FOE.

Comment

I hope this comes to Europe

Comment

Haven't all previous 3 did? (I've bought US, so I wouldn't know)

Comment

No Only the first one made it

Comment

It's a load of screenshots!

[edit]

Reminds me of somewhere...
                        Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 28-03-2012, 19:45.

Comment

New details and screenshots emerge (Andriasang)

The burst system was introduced in EOIII, the new skill menu looks interesting, I wonder if the adventurer "rank" (novice, veteran) has a deeper impact of just a title.

Comment

How can a 4-minute long Etrian Odyssey 4 (...) trailer begin?
                            By killing the party of course.

When describing the map-making feature the starting point is the air balloon that replaces EO3's ship....will the "world" map be integrated into the dungeoneering and won't be completely disjointed as it was before? Can't wait.

Comment

The trailer gives a glimpse of a new class, probably one of the two that have always been "hidden" till the endgame.

Comment

Working...
                              X