No announcement yet.

Guild Wars 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair those prices are not that expensive at all seeing as GW doesn't charge you a monthly sub.

Comment

Fair point, still too much for me though. From my understanding there is no beta access unless you prepay? How does one know if that is ?50 down the drain or not, I get into select MMO's in the hopes that they will last me more than a month. Many fail to get passed that point. Then add the fact that I need 2 copies as my brother will play too. That price turns me from 'interested' to 'wait it out, it'll go cheap after a month' so I hate to see what that would do to a casual pc gamer looking to try something new. GAME.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
        Fair point, still too much for me though. From my understanding there is no beta access unless you prepay? How does one know if that is ?50 down the drain or not, I get into select MMO's in the hopes that they will last me more than a month. Many fail to get passed that point. Then add the fact that I need 2 copies as my brother will play too. That price turns me from 'interested' to 'wait it out, it'll go cheap after a month' so I hate to see what that would do to a casual pc gamer looking to try something new. GAME.
        They have been giving beta codes out to people who applied recently, you can no longer apply for one though so this is the only way for new people to get one.

Although I mostly agree with you, I do feel that a month of gameplay for ?50 isn't actually that bad considering most games these days only last people about 7 hours with the only things adding to replay value being the multiplayer component or replaying the game at higher difficulty levels. At least with this game you will spend a whole month with it seeing new things, even of you don't decide to stick with it afterwards. Plus it's free to play once you have the game, so you can go back to it at any time anyway.

Having said that I imagine the official site is only charging ?50 becuase they know people will pay that as it gives them guaranteed beta access. People are just daft like that.
        Last edited by rmoxon; 11-04-2012, 16:16.

Comment

Exactly, the first game was easily good enough and although it is high I think I would have paid it given no other option. Considering this will be one of only 3 games I actually want this year its not unreasonable to spend that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
            Was wondering that myself. Didn't think the Tera beta was all that great so this is the only other MMO on the horizon for me. Thought ?39.99 at the Play.com link was a bit too expensive, then I saw the price it's listed for on the official site. ?50, Jokers!
            Lucky you dont want the CE then at 129.99

Comment

Are you getting that? I still think I'll get this if I run into a bit of extra cash. Still needs a release date

Comment

Adam im a HUGE , guild wars fan, i have every CE edition out, and have over 1500 hours game time in GW, i was hovering over the buy button at Zavvi, but 40 quid to 130 is HUGE, lol, im getting the game that's a given, just unsure which one.

Comment

Play have shipped my Pre-purchase edition, so do not leave it too long :P

Comment

So felixofmars you think its worth 130 for the CE, i do want to buy it, but 130 quid is a lot. (Convince me LOL)

Comment

Argh - I missed convincing you I am sorry. I am not sure I could, I loved their previous collectors (GW) but this one doesn't come with an art book just a massive statue of a Charr we never heard of. He looks great and all but, its an odd choice.

So anyway my box arrived, Boris would be upset as it had no disc or manual and just a tear here cardboard slip with the code! It's a bit bum really, I would have expected some preloaded files on a disc at least.

Comment

I used a 10% off code at Zavvi and pre-purchased the Collectors Edition, + QuidCo it came to around ?112-115, I was always going to buy it regardless of what came in it and what price it was, I've got all the other Collectors Editions too and racked up the hours in those games so for me this was a no brainer, after all if you play this for over a year which I'm guessing most people will then you'll have paid that much in subs for other MMORPG's whatever the case..

Comment

Hows your mini pet collection?? , im seriously wanting to order it now, maybe wait till saturday mine and Guild Wars birthday, then i check my first character for its present, nearer the time Olly if you want we could go on a few quests? , even start the bordersdown guild.

Comment

I only got 15/50 on the HoM stuff, some of this due to I had an armour set but some of it was renamed via an update so it doesn't accept its a full set. I do have a number of rare minipets though which helped alot.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                              Hows your mini pet collection?? , im seriously wanting to order it now, maybe wait till saturday mine and Guild Wars birthday, then i check my first character for its present, nearer the time Olly if you want we could go on a few quests? , even start the bordersdown guild.
                              I have every birthday mini pet for every year all undedicated and about 10 Birthday Tonics that I liked the lool of, I also have quite a few of the non-birthday mini's that that were cool and the same with a couple of Tonics too

I havent done any HoM stuff yet though..

Comment

I'm up for doing some guild questing etc when the game comes out though, I'm not actually some hardcore guild quester though or atleast wasn't in the old game, I just solo'd alot of it and played it with friends and my brother, still really enjoyed the game, also must be noted that I may of spent about 300 hours in Kamadan

Comment

Working...
                                X