No announcement yet.

Game & Gamestation: GAME credit woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May have been the cleaner fluid the firm contracted used.

Comment

Fammydodd had probably gone in and spewed arl ower.

Comment

Genuine question, why would someone go into a videogame high street chain store? I cant recall the last time I bought anything from one but it was years ago, I walk right by them.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          Genuine question, why would someone go into a videogame high street chain store?
          I like to support the high-street where I can. Even if it's a chain store.

Comment

Given that GAME are now owned by Mike "Sports Direct" Ashley, I really do hope that they now finally go under.

Deffo won't be purchasing anything from them now that they're owned by that guy.

Comment

Yeah he’s a complete d-bag.

Instead of saying ‘video game high street chain store’ these days, you might as well just say ‘GAME’. It’s literally the only one left. I haven’t bought anything in one in a long time, but I’d rather have a place to go and buy a game straightaway if I want to, rather than not have it.

Really I think we are just going to be left with CeX though. There’s one indie near me which is OK, nothing fancy - no imports or retro - but a solid little shop with decent prices. Tough thing to make money out of these days. They’re assaulted from all sides - Amazon, digital purchasing, Game Pass.

Comment

The problem with game is you can pretty much guarantee that your gonna get overcharged if you go in there for a game on release day. At present it serves as a place to get rid of stolen video games, and a place for clueless mum's and grandmas to buy little Timmy the new call of duty.
                Last edited by Lebowski; 13-01-2020, 09:37.

Comment

I just bought something off their online store given something I was looking at on a publisher's site recommended there, and they had it at a reasonable price. Recent reading of this thread's made it feel like an act of charity.

(I also forgot they were under Mike Ashley now, balls)

Comment

GAME has put staff across its business on furlough with full pay until the end of April.On 24th March, GAME was forced …

Staff react positively but let's be honest, most will likely never step foot through their branches door again

Comment

Absolute scumbags (the company, not the staff). Everyone rushing to buy Switches faced with the prospect of kids being off school for the next 6 months and what do they do, knowing everywhere is currently sold out? Sell them for the very reasonable sum of £594, of course! Just checked though and the page has gone. Doubt they've had a fit of conscience tbh.

Comment

I hope this kills them off to be honest. With any luck something better will rise to fill its space.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                          Absolute scumbags (the company, not the staff). Everyone rushing to buy Switches faced with the prospect of kids being off school for the next 6 months and what do they do, knowing everywhere is currently sold out? Sell them for the very reasonable sum of £594, of course! Just checked though and the page has gone. Doubt they've had a fit of conscience tbh.
                          For a Switch?! Amateurs.

I remember back in the Wii Fit days somebody sold a Wii Fit board bundle for over £600!!

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                            Was it new, or preowned? The only reason I ask is that if it was preowned, it might not be them as such; they might price based on an algorithm. It's like when baseball bats suddenly became £150 during the London Riots on Amazon; no-one set the price.

Comment

These were new.

Comment

It was probably one of their third party resellers. Not excusing it - honestly it's effing dumb that their website makes it look like they're the ones trying to scalp desperate parents, not someone just using their platform - but I think that's probably it. Their website really doesn't make it obvious at all that it's not actually them selling something, even less so than Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                                X