No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn emulation runs 60 FPS mostly on Pi 5.

Comparison of Pi4 to Pi5 here: https://youtu.be/7NXUOfAvamg?si=4Aykya1U8wy_qemZ&t=136

Comment

ah nice. Thanks

When doing emulation, will both versions cut it, or is the 8GB memory versionbest suited for Saturn and more challenging systems?
      Last edited by hudson; 31-10-2023, 14:06.

Comment

I've not had problems in the past running the emulators that would run on Pi4 with 4GB. Not sure it the 8GB benefits later systems or not though.

Comment

I saw this today too, which is pretty cool. It's called the Pico Vision and it's a custom board that uses two Raspberry Pi Picos (well, one Pico and an additional RP2040 processor), one of which is configured as a GPU.

The application of these is aimed at digital signage really (something I'd have looked at in my previous job), but you could also do some hacking on it and create a custom Gameboy. It'll run the original Doom at a decent framerate - this is on a microcontroller. Impressive stuff.

A powerful digital video stick for bold audio visual adventures, with dual RP2040 chips and a conveniently HDMI-shaped output connector to boot!

It's not the cheapest at £35 and you could do similar stuff with a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W for less, but I'll probably pick one of these up at some point.

Comment

Need a new case for your Raspberry Pi? Then check out these bad boys ..

Comment

Fun little project using s raspberry pi pico, and a bit of software called pico boot (i need a new soldering iron i think as i struggled a bit with it getting hot enough), End result is a Game cube that you can rip your games too and play imports on.

Comment

Working...
              X