Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
    Sound like your RetroPie build is loading correctly.

Without getting into editing config files I would say either a) plug in a new, different controller, which should automatically bring up the welcome screen to configure the new controller or b) try a USB keyboard where you can select MENU and select configure the controller option.

For option a) your Xbox One pad will suffice with a micro USB cable. Or in a similar vein a Dualshock 3 or 4 connected via USB will all suffice.

That said all a Plug and Play kit does is charge a Wireless 360 Controller with a rechargeable battery pack inserted. So that shouldn't be picked up by RetroPie. An official Wired 360 Controller won't ever use the Plug and Play kit as it has no batteries (and a Plug and Play kit does not transmit data and turn a Wireless 360 controller into a Wired one).

Stupid question time, is this definitely a Wired 360 controller and not a Wireless 360 Controller plugged in with the Plug and Play kit?
    At least we know it's loading ok lol

I'll dig out my USB keyboard when I get five minutes but I'll try the One S option as well in the meantime.

My 360 controller is definitely a proper wired one

Neil

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] OK, I thought so - it's just when you mentioned a Plug and Play kit I had to ask.

In which case I think the easiest option would be to try a different controller.

One other option, have you tried a different USB port - don't think this matters but another idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
        @Soundwave OK, I thought so - it's just when you mentioned a Plug and Play kit I had to ask.

In which case I think the easiest option would be to try a different controller.

One other option, have you tried a different USB port - don't think this matters but another idea.
        Lol it's cool
        I do have a play & charge kit on another wireless controller which was the pad I had to hand first ao thought it might be ok...clearly not

I'll try the other pad options tomorrow now & hopefully they will work...been itching to try it all out lol

Neil

Comment

I put this on my Pi 3b+ this evening.

Pretty cool but the menu options only seem to be selectable with the analogue on the Dual Shock 3 and it can be a bit hit and miss.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            I put this on my Pi 3b+ this evening.

Pretty cool but the menu options only seem to be selectable with the analogue on the Dual Shock 3 and it can be a bit hit and miss.
            There's an option in Retropie to completely wipe the those preconfigured controller configs. You then just remap them from scratch & then all of your buttons and sticks will work.

Comment

Well it's looking like a build issue

I tried my 360 & PS3 arcade sticks on it the other day & it still doesn't recognise them either

Still no option to press a button or configure at boot up

Need to start looking for a new build I think...anyone wanna help me out

Neil

Comment

Here's an interesting SBC from NVIDIA, the Jetson NANO

Bring incredible new capabilities to millions of small, power-efficient AI systems.

It'll do a 4K60 video decode, so it looks for all intentions like a slower clocked Tegra X1 board. Available at the end of April for £95.

Comment

Another lovely Retroflag Raspberry Pi case after their lovely, NES, SNES and MD cases. This time for a Raspberry Pi Zero but built into a fully portable casing. Even though I have the ODroid Go I kinda want this too.

Comment

Pi Hut have the SEGA Megadrive case on sale for £20 today: https://thepihut.com/products/retroflag-megapi-case

Also have the SNES one down to £24.

Comment

Well this was a bit of a surprise this morning, the Raspberry Pi 4 has been released, available now: https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b

Just ordered mine, now I'm going to find out the details

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        Well this was a bit of a surprise this morning, the Raspberry Pi 4 has been released, available now: https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b

Just ordered mine, now I'm going to find out the details
                        Pretty awesome news.
                        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Okay, so you need to be careful when ordering as there are three models with different RAM. In my excitement I ordered as soon as I hit the landing page and got the 1GB.

The main differences are:

Gigabit ethernet over 100Mb
                          1-4 GB of LPDDR4 over 1GB of LPDDR2
                          Cortex-A72 architecture quad-core 64-bit ARMv8 at 1.5GHz vs Cortex-A53 ARMv8 64-bit quad-core at 1.4GHz
                          2 Micro HDMI ports vs 1 Full size (not convinced by this change, micro HDMI is an awful connector)
                          USB-C power vs Micro USB
                          2 USB3 + 2 USB2 ports vs 4 USB2 ports

The Pi4 also has hardware decode for H265 4K60 which should make this a decent media box for running KODI. The lack of hardware H265 was a real detriment to using the Pi3 as a media box, so this should radically improve things there.

Overall it's a decent upgrade, the only other thing I'd have liked would have been support for eMMC or a SATA port on the board.

Comment

Nice. Will be interesting to see what the community does with one. A few negatives though:
                            • Necessitates new cases due to the new form factor, or at least new ports/ports moving around. So can't use those lovely Retroflag cases.
                            • New accessories required; so new PSU and mini HDMI cable.
                            • £54 for the 4GB one means the Pi is now twice the price the original Pi lauinched for, near enough.

I'm going to hang on as I'm building an collection of Pi's at this rate, but will watch with interest.

Comment

The 1GB version is the exact same price as the original, not sure it's fair to say the new Pi is twice the price, it's £20 more if you want 4 times the RAM on the Pi3 (and 16 times the RAM of the original of 256MB)

It's a shame about the ports, but it shouldn't take too much effort to mod the HDMI section, looking at it, you should have access to the left most micro HDMI port without modding the case at all - the ethernet / USB section shouldn't be an issue because they are practically the same dimensions.

When mine arrives, I'll put it in one of my Pi3 cases and post a pic.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 24-06-2019, 08:56.

Comment

The 1GB version is the exact same price as the original, not sure it's fair to say the new Pi is twice the price, it's £20 more if you want 4 times the RAM on the Pi3 (and 16 times the RAM of the original of 256MB)
                                I paid £27.28 for the Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB RAM) in early 2014, and thought the Pi 1 launched at £27-29 RRP. I appreciate that you get more specs and that there are options now in a way there wasn't back then (Zero's, choice of RAM and legacy models). But it's still creeping up in price more than one or two pound of the RPi 2/3 models.

It's a shame about the ports, but it shouldn't take too much effort to mod the HDMI section, looking at it, you should have access to the left most micro HDMI port without modding the case at all - the ethernet / USB section shouldn't be an issue because they are practically the same dimensions.

When mine arrives, I'll put it in one of my Pi3 cases and post a pic.
                                True, although the Ethernet and USB are swapped around, so it going to mean having to modify two sides of existing cases. You almost need backplates as per PC motherboards. I suspect companies like Retroflag with update their cases for RPi 4.
                                Last edited by Digfox; 24-06-2019, 09:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X