No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this on Pi Hut. Quite a neat case for those people running emulation station: https://thepihut.com/products/retrof...luxe-edition-j - though perhaps a bit steep at £30.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      Saw this on Pi Hut. Quite a neat case for those people running emulation station: https://thepihut.com/products/retrof...luxe-edition-j - though perhaps a bit steep at £30.
      I've got one of these cases, it's really well made and looks great. The power and reset buttons are handy, and the controller it comes with is really good. Definitely recommend it.

Comment

I was going to say it reminds me of that NES case (with power on and could mount a cooling fan etc.) and then it turns out it might be the same company anyway as RetroFlag also make a NES case: http://retroflag.com/

Which kind of works better in a way, but they both look really neat.

Comment

This looks like a pretty neat Pi case: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ry-pi-mini-com

Extender board to move all the sockets to the rear of the case, active cooling, power switch and a GPIO colour coded header.

Comment

Looks good. I switched to the Flirc case you recommended previously Marty, it looks great but it does heat up a bit much for my liking being a full heat sink.

Comment

It is a big heat sink, that's why it keeps the Pi cool so well.

Comment

That’s what I said.

Comment

- it looks like the ARGON One is the same being a metal enclosure with the SOC connecting to it.

The design is nice and it's not a bad price, although with postage it ends up being £19.

Comment

LattePanda Alpha....

At £270-odd it’s obviously much more expensive than a Pi, but also a damn lot cheaper than a MacBook.

LattePanda 2 Alpha 864s is a pocket-sized embedded X86 SBC based on Intel Core m3-8100Y. Support Windows 10 & Linux OS.
                    Last edited by _SD_; 12-10-2018, 20:04.

Comment

The best rasp pi case bar none, just wish i had the painting skills to make one. Definite airbrush territory needed or that one.

Comment

I'm not a fan of fruit pie, but if they ever released a Mince Beef and onion Pi, I'd be all over it.

Comment

It appeals to my odd side plus you get to make a stupid joke each time you mention it. My raspberry pi pie

Comment

Ha. To be honest, I think that would attract my kids. They'd be trying to eat it whilst I'm playing retro games on it.

Comment

To be fair it really does look like real pastry. The danger is real lol

Comment

Think this is probably the best thread to post but I've gone for a few SoC goodies this morning. I'm finally upgrading to the Raspberry Pi 3 (B+) and have ordered a ODroid Go after reading some people gush about it on YouTube.

I did think about getting an ODroid XU4 over the RPi but the better software/community support and cheaper price of the latter were more enticing. Although both look great fun and have really nice cases now - particularly the ODroid N64 style case. I can't imagine playing much of the N64/DC or PSP stuff the RPi struggles with. The ODroid Go just looks immense fun and after playing some Tetris on my Pocket GB the other day - it will be nice to have a backlit screen!

Comment

Working...
                                X