No announcement yet.

Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Similar to what happened with his FF7 oral history, Matt Leone's got a bunch of Street Fighter related articles going up at Polygon that are being turned into a book - Like a Hurricane.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Similar to what happened with his FF7 oral history, Matt Leone's got a bunch of Street Fighter related articles going up at Polygon that are being turned into a book - Like a Hurricane.
      Just saw this today.

They even got Yoko Shimomura to compose a special piece of music and have commissioned it to be put on vinyl to accompany the book being made!

A must-back for me. ROM books are one of the few positives regarding crowdfunding IMO.

Comment

Eiyuden Chronicle announced, a spirtual successor to Suikoden. Developed by studio Rabbit & Bear Studios which has some of the key creators on board such as Yo****aka Murayama. Kickstarter campaign will start on July 27.

Comment

Yo****aka
          I wonder if he's from Scunthorpe.

Comment

getting a sense of Deja vu ....hopefully it does not turn out like the Unsung Story disaster

Comment

I raise you a Project Phoenix

Comment

I raise you a Project Phoenix
                I completely forgot about that, checked up on it and can just see people commenting

I invoke my rights under Kickstarter's Terms of Use:

"Project Creators are required to fulfill all rewards of their successful fundraising campaigns or refund any Backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill."

I demand a full refund for my pledge amount.

Which I dunno why that became a thing as it does not do anything.

I really hope the developers of the Suikoden successor have really done there home work when it comes to planning and budgeting especially when it comes to stretch goals, as it seems like a hell of a lot of fees are taken from the total amount and i did read somewhere about 500k being the goal

Comment

Well, their campaign went live yesterday and is front-page featured right now - link

I quite like their 'Crowdfunding Realities', and think it addresses a reasonable amount of things that end up disappointing backers of other projects. Things like scope creep and team scalability for stretch goals, delivery options for physical goods, finished products hitting retail before backers mailboxes, etc. Although it's slightly worrying that while the rest of the campaign is posted as text, this section is displayed as an image - if I were a conspiracy theorist I'd be keeping a very close eye on whether it all changes, without flagging with Kickstarter it being a change to the project scope!

Comment

I thought maybe they have a word count limit on kickstarter campaigns or something so the images are a work around, I dunno.

Comment

Part of me that is worried is that based on what they have said they need Publishing funding and they are using the kickstarter to show publishers. Though i suspect they will have no problem with that based on how well the Kickstarter is going, I know some people do not like that idea but tbh I can not really imagine a Publisher financing the game fully.

Though it shocks me a lot judging on the financing part how little of the money goes towards the actual game I can see why Mighty no 9 went so wrong with the amount of stretch goals

Comment

Coming tomorrow a pretty decent looking scrolling beat em up https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...allencitybrawl

Comment

I only dabble with books and boardgames on Kickstarter, and looking at videogames, they always seem to disappoint for one reason or another.

Anyone backed a KS and been 100% happy? On time, not released publicly first or reduced?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Anyone backed a KS and been 100% happy? On time, not released publicly first or reduced?
                            Yes, I backed Richard Herring who delivered exactly what he said he would.

That is however the exception to everthing else I've backed.

Comment

I’ve only backed a few Kickstarters but I don’t think I’ve ever been unhappy. On time though? No, not a single one.

Comment

Sorry, [MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION] I specifically meant videogame kickstarters. They seem particularly bad for customer satisfaction.

Comment

Working...
                                X