No announcement yet.

Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive backed music which has been double dipped and released "exclusively" through another channel before being given to backers.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Anyone backed a KS and been 100% happy? On time, not released publicly first or reduced?
      Most of mine so far:
      • I Got Next | A Documentary on the Fighting Game Scene (he released a 45 min cut online; the DVDs were sent out much later but the reward included a downloadable version which was available as soon as it was ready)
      • Infinite Blank (a game where you draw anything you want on a single screen - platforms, etc - and it's stitched to someone else's screen, creating a patchwork platforming game. I barely played it but it was delivered as promised!)
      • Sketcz's "One Million Stretch Goals: An Epic Pulp Saga" (I haven't read it yet but it's on my Kindle)
      • The Wonderful 101 (I chose the PS4 download code which arrived on time)

There are only two other KS's I've backed - Shenmue 3 which was delayed(but I only paid $5), and a Shenmue 3 documentary which is currently delayed due to the lockdown and some legal issues.

Comment

I only dabble with books and boardgames on Kickstarter, and looking at videogames, they always seem to disappoint for one reason or another.

Anyone backed a KS and been 100% happy? On time, not released publicly first or reduced?
        Grim Dawn

Project Nimbus

Indivisible

Code Hardcore

Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan

Bloodstained

Are a few I am 100% happy i think there has only been about 3 complete duds and and about 3 i was about 50-70% happy with

Comment

Cheers. Looking from the outside in, I only really hear about the projects making people rant.

Comment

I've been mostly happy with Kickstarter; Broken Sword 5, Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2 all turned out really well, but I don't mess with it now.

Big projects use outside funding anyway and too many developers screw up either with the games their developing, or the kickstarter rewards.

Comment

Honestly, I think even the projects that have done well have been subject to plenty of rants. Bloodstained just got mentioned above as an example of good, and generally yes, I'm delighted with the end product, but I had my fair share of grumbles when I got my copy months after general release (specified a Japanese physical copy).

Hyper Light Drifter, La Mulana 2, Amplitude, République, Broken Age, Sportsfriends, Shantae: HGH, Thimbleweed Park - some of the other examples I've got of projects that I'm generally very pleased to have backed. Expand that to gaming books, and the list gets bigger, particularly with Bitmap Books and Read Only Memory having used Kickstarter almost exclusively for the last few years.

edit: but yes, one thing that almost all campaigns have in common is that the deliverable dates are almost never met. Patience is definitely a thing with any of these.

Comment

I’ve had mixed luck with Kickstarters.

Shenmue 3 - Was a bit crap and the slipcase for backing it was a garbage bonus for spending more on backing it than buying it post release.
                Bloodstained - Decent game, but backer rewards were poor, and the guy that they brought on to manage backers was pretty insulting in his arrogance.
                Insert Coin Documentary - 5 years and still waiting. I feel like it’s been shown at every movie festival ever and the backers are the only people who haven’t seen it.
                Lizard for NES - Overran, but happy with overall result and communication throughout.
                Bitmap Brothers Universe Book - Excellent product, very happy.
                Mega Drive Collected Works - Excellent again
                Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast - Took forever to arrive, but product was good when it did. Turns out the creator is actually a scamming piece of crap though.
                Cheetahmen II for NES- Happy with it

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Honestly, I think even the projects that have done well have been subject to plenty of rants. Bloodstained just got mentioned above as an example of good, and generally yes, I'm delighted with the end product, but I had my fair share of grumbles when I got my copy months after general release (specified a Japanese physical copy). .
                  Grim dawn which is one of my favs took a very long time was funded in 2012 with a est date of Oct 2013 release date and got a alpha release in Dec 2013 but was not complete until Dec 2015, thankfully they communicated and i know it was a very small team. I think its a great game though my gripe with it is at the higher levels it is insanely frustrating and hard and a massive grind.

Project Nimbus was the best i backed...i liked the release game though still think it badly needs a end of level grading system and unlockables, its one of the few projects where Programmers contacted me directly when i reported bugs and talked me through them, plus i got my name and quote as one of the enemy mechs lol

Comment

Cheers. Looking from the outside in, I only really hear about the projects making people rant.
                    I tend to think that the really successful projects tend to move away from the fact they are crowd funded and its sometimes just forgotten.

Some projects though are so mismanaged its unbelievable, Like if you have not seen it read the Unsung story debacle.

Comment

Now live....wish many projects put more effort into the pitch vid rather than having literally a massive campaign page, really would like to see in the pitch vid the people behind the project

Comment

Wow, that looks hideous.

Comment

Second batch of ZX Spectrum Next systems are go at 2100. This time I’ll actually remember to back it...

Comment

"A Fox Tale is a beautiful pixel art platforming adventure. As our four legged protagonist Eva, you are forced to take an unexpected journey. Explore and enjoy a world of wonder and horror, as you pass through your ever changing surroundings. However, the very nature of foxes means Eva is always cautious and this fox in particular has every reason to be...

Her past is something she had hoped to be far behind her. Now, with your help, she is forced to revisit the darkest corners of her life so far. Race across challenging landscapes, sneak your way out of perilous situations, and make a few friends along the way. Remember - Your enemy is smart, but your feet are quick. Use them. "

Comment

Wireless N64 controller anyone? Pretty cheap too.

Comment

Neurocracy's tag line is "Solve a murder in a near future world by diving into the Wikipedia of that world". It's enough of an intriguing idea for me to gladly chuck in £10, and from the latest update it seems that Leigh Alexander is involved, who I've a lot of time for.

Comment

Working...
                                X