Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I just came across that one too - looks neat.

Comment

Feck...its now ended but i am very interested in this https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-and-mirrors-0

Comment

I managed to back that Smoke and Mirrors. It’s the first thing I’ve backed in years. I followed the Saga of the Retro VGS quite closely when it was happening, so if this is written well and does have inside info I think it’ll be fascinating. I think the book will be going on general sale, at least digitally in the future.

Comment

New book all about Treasure and their Megadrive games - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...me-development

Looks very promising.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              New book all about Treasure and their Megadrive games - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...me-development

Looks very promising.
              Wondering what happened to Treasure as they have not released a game in a long time, people have been saying they exist but only a couple of people there, shame really

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                I managed to back that Smoke and Mirrors. It’s the first thing I’ve backed in years. I followed the Saga of the Retro VGS quite closely when it was happening, so if this is written well and does have inside info I think it’ll be fascinating. I think the book will be going on general sale, at least digitally in the future.
                Oh it was one of the most entertaining things i have seen for a long time, and the fact it kept escalating and the final Mike Kennedy apology where he talks about the fake prototypes and how he was fooled.

If you do not believe him he is a scam artist who is dumb= Not a good look

If you believe him then he is the worlds dumbest businessman = Not a good look....either way he comes out looking bad

Comment

Didnt masaya matsuura have a failed Kickstarter a while back ? I’d love to see a new Parappa or rhythm action game from him again

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                    Didnt masaya matsuura have a failed Kickstarter a while back ? I’d love to see a new Parappa or rhythm action game from him again
                    Yup https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-working-title failed by quite a large margin to

Comment

New SF2 documentary being planned, "Here Comes a New Challenger". The edit on the trailer seems decent enough, but I can't help but feel it's not going to tell us anything we've not already seen covered elsewhere. Rather than Like a Hurricane's approach of tracking down Capcom Japan staffers who were there at the time, this features list is a fair bit more eclectic and UK-centric. Also, the reward tiers are pretty limited. It's either £28 for a digital copy of the film & soundtrack, or £500 for tickets to a premier and an associate producer credit. Hmm.

Comment

28 quid for digital?!

Comment

People are crazy for kickstarter though. Just stumbled across this board / video game hybrid and it is interesting and I would like a go but...LOOK AT THAT PRICE. It is the same as a PS5!

Comment

Remember Unsung Story? Riding one of the early waves of attention that Kickstarter garnered, it was meant to be a tactical RPG that not only followed in the footsteps of Ogre Battle, FF Tactics and the like, but also crucially had sought involvement from Yasumi Matsuno himself. The project met its goals, but, err... didn't work out.

Despite the project being dead for some time, it seems that an entirely separate company - Little Orbit - stepped in some time around 2018, buying the rights to it, and seemingly looking to make a name for themselves by reviving what was seen as an almost un-salvageable project. Well, it's about to go into Steam early access!

Alexander O Smith was also part of the original team that was meant to be involved, and he's translated Matsuno's comments around this over here on Twitter - but in short, he's making it clear that although he's not been involved personally, he wishes the team well.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu

New SF2 documentary being planned, "Here Comes a New Challenger". The edit on the trailer seems decent enough, but I can't help but feel it's not going to tell us anything we've not already seen covered elsewhere. Rather than Like a Hurricane's approach of tracking down Capcom Japan staffers who were there at the time, this features list is a fair bit more eclectic and UK-centric. Also, the reward tiers are pretty limited. It's either £28 for a digital copy of the film & soundtrack, or £500 for tickets to a premier and an associate producer credit. Hmm.
                              11 days left and it isn't even halfway to its funding target.

I think it's safe to say that this'll be getting put on ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                11 days left and it isn't even halfway to its funding target.

I think it's safe to say that this'll be getting put on ice.
                                Could get lucky, fact i follow a lot of people in the fighting game community and all it would need is a retweet from someone like Maximillian dood and they could get there.

Kickstarter projects i often see are pretty lazy when it comes to getting the word out and contacting people who can help

Comment

Working...
                                X