No announcement yet.

Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m hoping there is some material in there not covered in your own books?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      I’m hoping there is some material in there not covered in your own books?
      Yeah, Alex Wiltshire is conduction some fresh interviews, and there's a new illustrator, plus we arranged for some hi-res fliers of Japanese adverts. So there is new material. But nothing new from me - the original trilogy used I'd say 98% of all materials I accumulated.

Comment

Great. The creative process around games, especially in those earlier days, is fascinating.

Comment

The Blind Prophet: Blood of the Apostle is a point-and-click adventure game with a great comic book art direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
            Technically not Kickstarter, but it is crowdfunding:

An intimate portrait of the early Japanese game industry through the voices of its developers.

Damn. I missed this. Will there be another opportunity to purchase copies?

Comment

Anyone like SpaceChem, or Infinifactory, or TIS-100, or Shenzhen I/O, or Exapunks, or that other one I've forgotten the name of?

Zachtronics has a new book on Kickstarter, with 400 pages of design documents for their puzzle games, including some pencil puzzles for SpaceChem. It's $20, but shipping is a somewhat hefty $40. It's a big book.

If five of us are interested, though, we can get five copies for $180 total, so $20 with $16 shipping instead. If this is allowed, PM me and I can order a five-pack and send the extras on, save us all a bit of money. Reckon I could get 'em shipped in the UK for another three quid with any luck. I'd really like this, it sounds excellent, but the shipping cost is a real joke. It's a heavy book, but there must be cheaper ways to ship from the US than that.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Damn. I missed this. Will there be another opportunity to purchase copies?
                Only just saw this quote. It should be available via the Read-Only Memory book website. You can pre-order it.

Comment

Sorry for the double post. I've just launched my 2nd Kickstarter. It's a fiction book, not games related, but might be of interest to some?

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                    Sorry for the double post. I've just launched my 2nd Kickstarter. It's a fiction book, not games related, but might be of interest to some?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...epic-pulp-saga
                    Sounds wicked!

I considered the no-reward option as a piss-take but changed my mind at the last minute. Good luck

Comment

8-Bit Annual 2019

Here's just a sample of what is included in 8-Bit Annual 2019:
                      Features: Rick Dickinson Tribute, 8 Bit Annual Dev Contest 2018, ZX Spectrum World, Pixel Art by Andy Green, Amstrad CPC Chess via Lan / Online, Juan J. Martinez (multiple format 8-Bit games), Amstrad CPC Collectors Cabins, The BASIC 10 liner Contest 2018, Delta 4, Atari Games in Tesla Cars.
                      Interviews: Mark Nunam (Abbex Games), Richard Broadhurst, Paul Rose (Mr. Biffo of Digitiser fame), Andrew Darovich and Paul Weller (Aetherbyte Studios), Nathan sands (GW'S Workshop), Soren Borgquist (Spectrum games), Andy Johns (Nixy: The Glade Sprite), The Shadows of Sergoth coding team, Clive Townsend (of Saboteur fame), Mark Hardisty, CPC Retro Dev interviews, Carolos Pérez Peregrin (winner of #CPCRetrodev2018), Antonio Savona, Carl-Henrik Skårstedt, Sarah Jane Avory (writer and coder of Briley Withch books and C64 game).
                      GAME REVIEWS - NEW GAMES - OLD HARDWARE!
                      Commodore 64: Shadow Switcher, Aviator Arcade II, L'Abbaye Des Morts, Space Monguls, Counterweight Kate, Farming Simulator C64, Hunter's Moon Remastered, Mono, Organism, Pains 'N' Aches, Rocky Memphis & The Legend of Atlantis, Single Button Games Collection, Steel Ranger, Sydney Hunter & The Sacred Tribe, Yoomp! 64, Basic Ball, El Loco Challenge, Kung Fu Pixel, Dangerous Sports - Deadly Sports, Downhill Challenge, Beechings Golf & Country Club, SAFTS - Spin All Four Table Soccer, Algol, Atom Heart, Battle in the Woods, Ceti 21, Dreamworld, Electric Warrior, Moon Over Afghanistan, Penzer Patty's Pink Tank Adventure, The Last Hugger, Valkyrie 3 - The Night Witch, 4K Coding Competition, Mashed Turtles, Schlimeisch Mania II, The Walking Death - Party Version, Bintris, Block Copy RX, Fallout Hacker, Flappy Typing, Knight Lore, Maze of Death, Quad Core 64, Rogue Ninja, Arhena the Amazon - Special Edition, Crank Crank Revolution, Digger, Hibernayed 1: This Place is Death, Iceblox Plus, International Karate Ultimate, Paranoids, Portal C64, Rent-A-Cop Reloaded, Sky Diving, Soccer War, Speedball Duology, Tetrix MP V1.2, Tower of Rubble, Trolly Follies, XXV.
                      ZX Spectrum: Ninja Gaiden: Shadow Warriors, Gimmick! Yumetaro Odyssey, Gandalf, Roust, The Adventures of Jane Jelly: The Egg Diamond, Jet Set 40-40, Harbinger 2: The Void, SQIJ 2018, Nixy: The Glade Sprite, Eurostriker, O.P.Z, All Hallows - Rise of the Pumpkin, Bobby Carrot, Max Pickles Part 1 - The Haunted Castle, Astrosmash ZX, Prospector, Night Stalker ZX, Mister King-Fu, Elon M With a Jetpack, Quahappy, Parachute, Tank 1990, Dungeon Raiders, Mighty Final Fight, Castle of Sorrow, Mike The Guitar, Rubicon, ROVR, Aeon, Escape From The Sewers, Fantasy Zone: Escape From The Pyramid, Pietro Bros, Gimme Bright, Pentacorn Quest, That Sinking Feeling, Baby Monkey Alba, Skyscraper of Doom, Retro Invaders, Left Behind, Eggsterminator, Robots Rumble, Inertia. Rodman (also for Amstrad CPC, Commodore 16, Commodore 64, Commodore VIC 20, Atari 8-Bit, Oric and MSX)
                      Amstrad CPC: Space Phantom, Pink Pills, Mike the Guitar, Earth Defender, Top Top, Dawn of Kernel, World War Simulator Part 2, Galactic Tomb, Robbie Strikes Back, The Shadows of Sergoth, Operation Alexandria, Jarlac, Legend of Steel, The adventures of Timothy Gunn, OPQA Vs QAOP: The Final Battle, 77 Attempts, Foosball F3, Deeper Warrens, The Rookie Thief, Crimson Kinght Adventures, Harvest Day, Red Sea, Earth Defender, Snake Bubble, The Last Debt, Kimohiyoko, The Spirit of Halloween, The Crypt, Cannon Duels, Space Cowboy, Indigo Game, Bring RG Back, Overheap, Turtle Slam, Space Ball, Elfo Saves Christmas, Two Finger Death Row, Cat Pang, Fitzroy and the Infestation, Cuchara Volador, Bank AC Returns, Hack Tank, Lunatic, Tank, Invade Space, Penalty Kicks, Killing Machine, Disassembler, Crocker, 18th Century Invaders.
                      MSX: Tragical Chase, Inq and Suq vs Nightmare, Draconic Throne, Wu-m, 50 Metres, Buddhagillie, Bumper Ship Racing, Burn Us, Inferno, MayQ Buster, Shoulder Blade Overdrive, Svetlan A7, Virus LQP-79, Z, ド (Do).
                      Atari 8-Bit: Stunt Car Racer, Jack the Nipper, Skooldaze.
                      BBC Micro: Prince of Persia, Phoenix, Centipede, Maze of Madness, The Darkness of Raven Wood.
                      Atari 2600: Alf, Alien Attack, Mappy, Asteroid Rescue, Alien Revenge, Asteroid Belt, Astronomer, Baby, High Score Screen Burn Slow Burn, NeXion 3D, Pickle, Robo-Ninja Climb, Scramble, Skee-Ball, Space Game, Super Cobra Arcade, Tyre Trax, Spies in the Night, Balloon Trip, Plague, Sword of Surtr, Birds and Beans, Beeware, Sheep It Up, Dungeon II: Solstice, Monkey King, Peril, Knight Guy.
                      Sega Master System: Flight of Pigarus, Gemitas, Little Sokoban, Silver Valley, Prisonnier II, Galactic Revenge.
                      Nintendo Entertainment System: Nova The Squirrel, Cheril the Writer, Yun V5.

Comment

Gaming and home video computer system with open platform for creativity and customization! | Check out 'Atari VCS: Game, Stream, Connect Like Never Before' on Indiegogo.

Well Atari VCS not being released till later in the year now due to being "upgraded" I still think its a scam

Comment

Saw this on indiegogo, was not sure where to put this but figured here , Earthworm jim comic indiegogo https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/e...bfOa0TXO9oUg#/

Comment

If it matters to you, Doug TenNapel is a homophobe, transphobe and sexist.

Comment

I did not know that....and that sucks ...better open up a can of worms and google whats happened

Comment

Working...
                              X