Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Think it probably just de-risks it for them, in exchange for the Kickstarter commission. That book looks really interesting.
    They could just as easily de-risk it with pre-orders, IMO. There isn't really an excuse for them using Kickstarter to fund reprints like they have done, either.

Bitmap should be beyond the crowdfunding thing by now, and I say that as someone who has backed them a few times and will likely be backing this book.

Comment

Yeah, that's true, they could run preorders of their own.

The thing is, they have a model that clearly works, so I can understand why would they wouldn't change unless they feel there's a clear advantage to doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

The thing is, they have a model that clearly works, so I can understand why would they wouldn't change unless they feel there's a clear advantage to doing so.
        Lol. Of course - they're not having to use their own money. That's the model!

They're established though. They're well-known at this point and should be able to be sustainable without crowdfunding IMO.

Comment

It’s not Bitmap though it’s ROM

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
            It’s not Bitmap though it’s ROM
            You're correct. Got 'em confused.

Frankly, they're as bad as each other when it comes to Kickstarter. My point still stands, and again I say that having also backed ROM published works as well as Bitmap stuff.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 27-03-2021, 08:33.

Comment

Anyone else remember that 10 seconds Nintendo showed of Jungle Emperor Leo , that would be great to see get off the ground

Comment

Calling all Starfox fans, come in Starfox fans!

Comment

Weird there was a star fox like game recently to lol twitter.com/benhickling

Comment

Lost me at procedural

Comment

UNBEATABLE - "An anime-juiced rhythm adventure with a heavy focus on music and Emotions"

Like the look of this - PC only for now, but will likely back. Other things I've backed recently:

Beacon Pines - "... a cute and creepy adventure game where the words you discover can change the course of fate" (giving off some very strong Night in the Woods vibes)

Name of The Will 集體後遺症 - "A daunting and healing 2D adventure in a surreptitious futuristic world resembling Hong Kong"

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Lost me at procedural
                        Yup pretty much same here especially with that genre, would rather have well designed levels

Comment

Piepacker. Online multiplayer for retro games. Built-in games, play in browser and support for your old carts via a convertor.

Comment

Pocket Bravery is an original fighting game based on the classics from 90s like Street Fighter & KOF | Check out 'Pocket Bravery' on Indiegogo.

Pretty decent fighting game that i have played, as said before getting sick of the pixellated look but with this game having bigger sprites more detail and lots of animation helps (though would still prefer a non pixelated look)

Comment

Got the book Smoke and Mirrors, a Kickstarter project on the whole coleco chameleon/retro vgs/ game gavel debacle. Pretty meaty book i was really surprised over 600 pages....i have not bought a book in years lol

Comment

Wasn't aware of 'The Takeover' prior to it appearing in the LRG E3 stream, but it's a side-scrolling beat 'em up. What really got my attention about it was the developer's name - Antonios Pelekanos, or Pelikan13. Same guy behind The 90's Arcade Racer, currently sat in total limbo, supposedly with Nicalis as '90s Super GP. Don't even care about the lost cash at this point, but what is going on with the damn game?

Comment

Working...
                                X