Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Remember Unsung Story? Riding one of the early waves of attention that Kickstarter garnered, it was meant to be a tactical RPG that not only followed in the footsteps of Ogre Battle, FF Tactics and the like, but also crucially had sought involvement from Yasumi Matsuno himself. The project met its goals, but, err... didn't work out.

Despite the project being dead for some time, it seems that an entirely separate company - Little Orbit - stepped in some time around 2018, buying the rights to it, and seemingly looking to make a name for themselves by reviving what was seen as an almost un-salvageable project. Well, it's about to go into Steam early access!

Alexander O Smith was also part of the original team that was meant to be involved, and he's translated Matsuno's comments around this over here on Twitter - but in short, he's making it clear that although he's not been involved personally, he wishes the team well.

Kotaku had a long article about Unsung story as Jason schreier had backed it and then Yong yea did a long video about it, was fascinating to read I am still annoyed the original developers got away with it though but if Little Orbit can do it they have earned major Kudos as they have agreed to honor all backers out of there own pocket

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
      Could get lucky, fact i follow a lot of people in the fighting game community and all it would need is a retweet from someone like Maximillian dood and they could get there.

Kickstarter projects i often see are pretty lazy when it comes to getting the word out and contacting people who can help
      6 days left, it currently stands at £11,902 pledged.

I seriously doubt it hits the £25k target but yeah, I suppose I could be wrong and it could get a late boost.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Another years-old Kickstarter game that seems to be nearing release - Steel Assault. No mention of consoles, but there's a Steam page for it now. I expect this to be very up people's street.

The Street Fighter Zero 3 love-in
        This looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          6 days left, it currently stands at £11,902 pledged.

I seriously doubt it hits the £25k target but yeah, I suppose I could be wrong and it could get a late boost.
          Haha! It actually got funded, just about met its target by £2k.

[MENTION=3349]eastyy[/MENTION] you were spot-on!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            Haha! It actually got funded, just about met its target by £2k.

[MENTION=3349]eastyy[/MENTION] you were spot-on!
            That does not seem many backers for that amount of money

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
              People are crazy for kickstarter though. Just stumbled across this board / video game hybrid and it is interesting and I would like a go but...LOOK AT THAT PRICE. It is the same as a PS5!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tpage-footer-3
              What a poor concept - seems to negate much of the tactile pleasure of boardgaming. It's basically a square tablet playing pre-existing boardgame apps. You could buy a fair few classics with £500.

Comment

Promising looking Mega Drive hori shmup - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...sis-metal-fury

Demo is available on the project page.

Comment

Well after the mention of Unsung story i checked up on it and it did get released and has mixed reviews https://store.steampowered.com/app/1.../Unsung_Story/

From what i can gather Yasumi Matsuno while not directly involved ,Little Orbit had the original design documentation he made for original developers Playdek

Comment

I'm sure we talked about this back when the campaign was active, but Narita Boy is seemingly near release.

Team17 are now publishing, and some particularly good news is that despite missing all of its stretch goals for console ports, it's coming to pretty much every system going - PS4, XB1, NSW, PC, Mac and Linux.

Comment

been a long time since i backed something but when a decent looking beatem up comes along i will give it a shot https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jitsusquad/tcs

Comment

New long form mag/journal being kickstarted.

Comment

Did anyone on this forum back Project Phoenix?

If so I'd like to have a chat - preferably in private.

(I did not back it.)

Comment

I backed it!

In news of other things I have backed more recently, yes please I'll have some of this - Gamesmaster: The Oral History.

Quite why Bitmap still lean on crowdfunding is beyond me, but hey.

Comment

Think it probably just de-risks it for them, in exchange for the Kickstarter commission. That book looks really interesting.

Comment

Do you reckon Dominik Diamond's autograph is worth an extra £20?

Comment

Working...
                                X