Wonderful - XBLA Monster World collection spotted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful - XBLA Monster World collection spotted

It looks like Sega's classic Monster World platforming series is set for a return next month via an Xbox Live Arcade collection.
    A listing for Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World, spotted by a NeoGAF poster, appeared on the Xbox Live Marketplace earlier today, stating a 25th April release.
    The pack will include Wonder Boy in Monster Land, Wonder Boy in Monster World and the previously Japan-only Monster World 4. You'll apparently get leaderboards, achievements and new trial modes. See the screens below for a closer look.
    - Eurogamer

I loved Wonder boy III Dragons trap, damn shame that is not on this collection. I won't be paying asking price for this as I reckon they left it out on purpose and will turn up a few months after as a stand alone xbox title. Nice to see them coming to xbox live though as they are great games.

Oh my god, I just splooged. Even it has a horrible filter I'll still be all over these!

Comment

Cue discussions on why this is the most confusingly named series ever. All the games should just be renamed Wonder Boy 1,2,3 etc...

Comment

Great news! Also, +1 for the thread title .

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
          Cue discussions on why this is the most confusingly named series ever.
          Isn't that "Final" Fantasy?

It's a shame this doesn't feature the original Wonder Boy as that is one of the purest platformers ever.
          Still, it's nice to see stuff like this appearing, hurrah for Sega!

Comment

-1 for not having Dragon's Trap

Comment

Comment

Looks a quality download

Comment

Totally top news, +70 for having Monster World IV on there, been wanting to play that for aaaaages. Looks fab, will so be getting this, plus another +51 for them having the OCD factor with the presentation/extra content etc. rather than just the games as plain vanilla. Pity Dragon's Trap ain't on there...but I can just play it on the Master System, can't I?

Plus, any excuse to play through Monster Land again, especially as I won't 'be' Bikkuriman this time around.

Comment

I don't think Sega have official confirmed the games on the collection just yet, so the others maybe on it

At the minute I'm filled with both joy and sadness, while it's great to see some of them come to Xbox live and Monster World IV get a English release, I am disappointed with it appearing to be missing half the collection.

As an owner of the fab Monster World complete collection on PS2 there is not a great deal to convert me to it. The PS2 version featured all the Sega versions of each game on all the different formats and had all the Japanese releases and most of the English one's.

Still glad to see these games getting a release and I expect will see a sequel or DLC to follow if, Wonder Boy, Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair & Monster World 2 - Wonder Boy IV: Dragon's Trap (Yes that's the fully correct title for Master System one) don't appear in this collection.
                    Last edited by S3M; 15-03-2012, 13:25.

Comment

Working...
                    X