No announcement yet.

Lost Planet 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capcom showed off some more footage and screenshots at the Captivate 12 event in Rome.

It looks like the protagonist is called Jim (better than "Wayne", I guess), most of the setting is snowy, the mech combat shifts to 1st-person and it's a prequel to the other games as Jim and his team are part of the first humans to try to colonize E.D.N. III... or are they!

I think they might be shaping Jim to be similar to Nathan Drake with his wise-cracking and adventuring.

Oh, and there's a GIANT ENEMY CRAB!

Capcom say they chose Spark Unlimited because of their "Passion and ability":
    "The concept for Lost Planet 3, being a Capcom franchise, came from Oguro-san thinking about where to take the franchise next, and we were looking for a development partner that we could work very closely with to achieve that vision. Spark had both the passion and the ability to make that vision a reality."

Comment

I wonder what really is NEXT ?? What else they can present in new game? I hove those new inovations won't ruin game as it happened with ORC? (Operation Racoon City was looking sooooo promising... snift, still i will play it)

Comment

The press release mentions:
        Lonely Planet? – Lost Planet 3 will support a full set of multiplayer modes that enhance players experience of the Lost Planet world

So there doesn't seem to be any co-op thus far. Co-optimus contacted Capcom to see if the multiplayer modes included co-op. and although they replied quickly they were non-committal.

Please put co-op in there Capcom!

Here are some awesome co-op features in Lost Planet 2 you might have missed:
        Nuclear Missile, Black Hole Vs and (totally indulgent merging animation) Mech Merging

Support Weapons Super Team-Up - Supernova Attack & Gunsword Attack

Comment

Dude, I have played LP2 but never seen no nukes and blackholes.

What have I yet to discover in that game?

Comment

I still totally love LP and loved the setting and everything, it was very japanese, but this seems to be totally going down the wrong road again, dont try and make games for westerners, cause most westerners stuck 2 fingers up at LP, just keep it for us mecha heads, if this dont suck i'll be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
              I still totally love LP and loved the setting and everything, it was very japanese, but this seems to be totally going down the wrong road again, dont try and make games for westerners, cause most westerners stuck 2 fingers up at LP, just keep it for us mecha heads, if this dont suck i'll be surprised.

Hardly LP sold over a million copies on the 360 alone and it's the Japanese that tend to stick their 2 fingers up to the 360 . I think Capcom just need to make a great single player game again and have a separate section for multiplayer and co-op , same for RE 6

Comment

Lost planet 2 just felt really unfinished. I don't remember what it was but I just got fed up with it and stopped playing. Really liked the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by Resonance View Post
                  Lost planet 2 just felt really unfinished. I don't remember what it was but I just got fed up with it and stopped playing. Really liked the first one.
                  Same for me, they made it to multiplier for my liking.

Comment

New screens from the game

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                      Same for me, they made it to multiplier for my liking.
                      It was a fairly audacious move from Capcom, and one that I'm very sad to see that they've stayed away from with Dragon's Dogma. There are plenty of SP-oriented games for people to play, and I hope that they don't bow too much to pressure from a very vocal contingent of people that didn't experience the best of the game with a good team.

Comment

Official Lost planet 3 website

Comment

Some in-game footage here:

Interesting that the on-foot sections are 3rd person and the mech ones are 1st person.
                          That's a pretty chunky main character! It's closer to Resident Evil 4 or Dead Space than the first two LP games.

Comment

Is it single player?

Can't say i'm overly excited. Just on the final episode of LP2 and it has gone a bit crap. Still like the game a lot but I shooting huge monsters is the best bit and seems to have vanished.

Comment

Well the 3rd is getting pretty mixed reviews, ive always enjoyed it no matter what the haters say, or how they just plain ignore the series, here's the round up of reviews, http://www.computerandvideogames.com...arm-reception/

Comment

Negative reviews of something like Lost Planet are a good sign, considering how totally wrong almost every reviewer was about LP2.

Comment

Working...
                                X