The Witcher 2 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FSW View Post
    Only thing I didn't like is that the names of the spells are totally meaningless and hence impossible to remember what they do. That was a stupid decision IMO.
    Indeed, the fact the AI has to call out the spell name in an early boss battle amused me, as I didn't realize she was referring to a spell!Also didn't realize I could have got the silver sword crafted so early in the game either.I find these weaknesses rather satisfying, as games hold your hands so much in 2012 that trying to work it out yourself is a breath of fresh air! The spells reminds me of the time when you needed a cardboard flash card to remember what each command and key does. Love it! HeheehehDecided that I will have this one in my steam library, even if my PC cant play it. Just feels good to support the dev.

I understand there is even better 360 pad support and all the new features are included for FREE, and I just want to support that type of customer committment. Horray!

Last edited by capcom_suicide; 17-04-2012, 16:38.

Comment

Playing through this for the first ever time at the minute (PC version though) and loving it!

I can honestly say i didn't expect it to be so gripping, would've played it much sooner had i realised.

Comment

hehehhe its a bloody slideshow on my PC! (i7 860, 8GB Ram, ATI 5850m) so back to the excellent 360 version.

Comment

Tis cool they've updated it for free, 10gb of free patch. Still detects 'low' graphics for me though on my PC though.

Comment

Detects low on mine too but I still put it on max pretty much everything and get 60fps at 1080p and with the 360 pad support I can play it on the big tv . Gonna start the first game soon as I finish dao (tonight hopefully). Amazing support from cdprojekt. I'll buy anything they make now out of principal.

Comment

Detects High on mine. Hah. Loads in less than 2 seconds.

Comment

Has the free PC update helped optimise it? Really don't want to go ahead with a 10GB download if it's not going to be doing me any good performance wise.

Comment

Performance wise I think they have optimized it quite a bit over the time of its original release. It has for me anyway, remember having to tweak it quite a bit when it first came out. I have more or less the same spec since then just have more ram and an ssd.

Comment

Anyone wanting the original game, it's $4.99 on gog.com at the moment.

Comment

Is the UK PAL release region free? Will it work on an NTSC-U machine?

Comment

Played a few hours of this yesterday and have to say CDProjekt have done a great job in how the game runs on 360. At times it is a great looking game. I'm not feeling the Dark Souls comparisons with the combat, finding it to be very straight forward and easy unless facing large numbers. I'm early, just at

the ship wreckage

but it feels a lot more linear than I'd expected. It's most like a more in depth version of Fable really. It's good fun and looks to be a long game but it's not the amazing experience its reputation would have it be. It would have been nice to have Witcher 1 ported to 360 too as I'm probably missing out on a lot of the story build up but so far, whilst well told, it's a very basic story. Hopefully, it gets more involved later on.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                          Played a few hours of this yesterday and have to say CDProjekt have done a great job in how the game runs on 360. At times it is a great looking game. I'm not feeling the Dark Souls comparisons with the combat, finding it to be very straight forward and easy unless facing large numbers. I'm early, just at

the ship wreckage

but it feels a lot more linear than I'd expected. It's most like a more in depth version of Fable really. It's good fun and looks to be a long game but it's not the amazing experience its reputation would have it be. It would have been nice to have Witcher 1 ported to 360 too as I'm probably missing out on a lot of the story build up but so far, whilst well told, it's a very basic story. Hopefully, it gets more involved later on.
                          I think the best comparison would be GTA or Red Red Redemption. The game opens up with large amounts of side quests and exploring in a very controlled manner. In my first hours I felt that this was starting to be a corridor third person slash um up, but then suddenly I realised it is a semi open world, with new areas opening up, side quests giving you the clues to where to explore. I have used 4 evenings gameplay 2-3 hours a night and only just coming to the end of the side missions from the first location.I am playing on Easy. (Sue me) Comabt for me is still strategic, as the type of sword, magic and potions used are critical for the boss fights/swarms etc. In terms of using different attack styles I experience that you need to retreat and use range attacks, and never get surrounded. Some enemies require fast attacks, some don't. Monsters should be taken with the silver sword (so far.) There have been several swarms that killed me, and then I retry them, but lay traps before I start the spawning. This takes 3-4 of them as I run away and encourage them to trigger my traps.
                          Last edited by capcom_suicide; 18-04-2012, 08:52.

Comment

Playing this really puts me in the mood to play Skyrim for some reason I think I'm closing towards the end of Act I now, I just need to make a potion and am missing some Aether having stupidly sold all the herbs I'd previously found. After another 2hrs play I enjoyed moving through some more varied locations. Really feeling like an 8/10 game so far.

Comment

One thing this does have is real story-changing decisions. Your actions can and will completely change almost entire subsequent chapters.

Comment

This game is quite clever with its decisions, it plonked me in control of a new character how had only previously been mentioned in passing, and had me making what seemed to be some fairly important decisions about the story.

I only had the knowledge from what I had learned in passing conversations, what I had read in books in game, and first impressions of the characters I had just met to guide me. Very very clever way of putting you out of your comfort zone. Really enjoying this, and it only seems to get better!

Comment

Working...
                                X