Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea how long the first playthrough took

on Iroveth's path.

However, considering how awful I was from the start in making full use of the combat system, once it all clicks in, I decided to change the difficult straight to Hard (sometime around Chapter 2) and didn't have much of a problem. I somehow got lucky

with the Draug fight as he got stuck in the enviroment and couldn't attack me.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but it seemed at one point there was a stab made by Geralt about one scene from Lord of The Rings, involving going up a volcano barefoot. I might have just been hearing things though since that session went on for several hours.

One small problem for me is that compression on the images in the menu system, it sticks out too much and doesn't look good at all, when the rest of the game is pretty much amazing. I'm going to try and finish this on Dark difficulty, but also see the rest of the story from another perspective.

Comment

Can anyone tell me if the

Dwarf City

takes a while to get to the end of? It's sucking my will to continue right out.

Comment

Picked this up last week, but I'm struggling to get much enjoyment out of it. I may trade it in this week, which should net me enough cash to pay for Dragon's Dogma, which looks more up my street.

Comment

Originally posted by kellog7 View Post
          Dragon's Dogma, which looks more up my street.
          How would you describe the differences between that and this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
            How would you describe the differences between that and this?
            I'm not really a fan of the Witchers story -too much like sub-Tolkien with far too many silly names to remember. Hopefully Dragon's Dogma will be more action RPG stylee. I played the demo and like I said, seems to be more the kind of game I'd enjoy.

Comment

Can't be 100% but thankfully I seem to be at the back end of the mid section of the game. If the first third was an 8/10 worthy effort, the middle is a 6/10 tops. Hopefully this has a good end run

Comment

Finished Dark difficulty. That

dragon fight

was somewhat annoying, but mostly because I was too eager to finish it quickly. Got all achievements, so I'm done with this as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

I'm finally going to get a solid evening to play this so should clear most of the back end, will be glad to see the end of the dull mid section

hate the convoluted Saskia poison storyline and ingredients fetching, worst poison ever!

Comment

I just upgraded my PC's graphics card from a Sapphire AMD 6870 to a Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 580. Quite a difference to say the least . I was getting like 40fps average with everything on high, I'm now getting 60fps pretty much solid (apart from cutscenes but i don't notice the lower frame rate in those compared to gameplay)with v-sync and everything on ultra apart from uber(unnecessary)-sampling. Yum.

I can't wait to sink some time into this

Comment

Well, it's going to go. Several hours slog of some boring as hell gaming pretty much brought this to an end for me as far as I can be bothered to play it. There's nothing inherently wrong with it but it's just so damn dull. I can see why it's right up some peoples alley but I'm not finding anything to engage with. The games design is pretty straight forward and the combat works well, as does all the alchemy and levelling up systems but you need that pull to get you through the many fantasy generic forests and mines and pits and I'm just not finding it. Geralt isn't a very appealing character and the story is actually pretty wafer thin, whilst the devs have spent a lot building a mythology for the world the story is a basic Fugitive storyline without any intrigue, twists or suspense meaning I couldn't give a rats what happens. A technical achievement for 360 but that's pretty much the only achievement here for me. A bit of a disappointment.

Comment

Started this today, on normal difficulty it's incredibly hard in places and I find the only way to survive is to run about like a lunatic occasionally hacking enemies whenever there is an opening. Kind of reminds me of Uncharted 3 in that it sometimes throws a stupid ammount of enemies at you and you don't really have any way to avoid being ganged up on and killed in about 5 seconds unless you just go nuts and run about in circles like a loon. It kind of ruins the whole idea that gearalt is a master swordsman and monster slayer when he has to run away from a few solders like a whimpy little boy.

Doesnt help that the 360 controls feel like they are mapped wrong and there's no way to change them.

Besides the combat though the game is really good, great story and characters and an intriguing world. But the combat is a huge part of the game so it's all a bit disappointing really.

Comment

Blast from the past. Enjoying this at the moment - it's had some scenes that have made me chuckle and is generally very addictive.

I've got Witcher 3 on standby for when I get my replacement One. I've got the feeling it's going to consume my life completely.

Comment

I wonder if rmoxon ever finished it?

I saw you were playing this t'other night. Glad you're enjoying it. Will you be able to continue where you've left off when the One returns because of cloud saves? I'm pretty sure you can, which is very clever.

Have you got any advice for people about to start this, k0pp0?
                            There are some nice suggestions here:
                            The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Notes for Before You Begin - The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition Walkthrough and Guide

Today marks the release of The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition on both Xbox 360 and PC. Sure, those of us with a powerful gaming PC probably played through this game one or more times. But everyone who picks it up on the Xbox will be playing it for the first time.

Comment

I actually started it on my Xbox one, and then when that bit the dust switched back to my 360 - no issues at all.

You could read those articles.. I didn't. If you are not an achievement whore then just dive in. If you are then you might want to plan your playthroughs.

Some of the quests are a little tricky as they give you feck all hints, but keep at it and they will click. Use the 'quen' magic loads and it'll help as there's some tricky bits early on.

Seriously though jump in and give it a go. It took me 2 attempts to get into it (much like Fallout 3), but there are some great bits in the game. And by 'bits' I mean 'wimmens bits'.

Comment

Had a play on this this other night up to the bit where you appear in Flotsam. It’s weird to see characters in their past. The controls are very fiddly compared to W3 but I loved dipping back into the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X