The Witcher 2 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Witcher 2 360

Managed to pick up a copy of this early thanks to Tesco's ineptitude!

Proof...

Just installing it now, the package is lovely! I'll give some detailed impressions a bit later, in the meantime Eurogamers review was up today and looks fab!

A picture of the opened package, a quest guide and massive fold out map.

Sorry about the links, can't figure out how to show images using the imageshack app!

Comment

Oh yeah, Tuesday release

Either way Im happy to have it for the weekend

Just finished installing - took ages! Near enough full 8gb per disc :/

Comment

This game looks pretty immense! Tutorial done and combat is complex but fun and weighty! Loading is quick, graphics look pretty good so far, and off to a good start.

Damn that menu looks intimidating though...

Comment

It's incredible, finished for review a couple of days ago. Calling it a port would be doing CD Projekt RED's work an injustice, as they've not only added extra content, but changed the controls so the gameplay suits the 360. It's just as good as it was on the PC, if not better thanks to the tweaks and new additions.

Obviously it doesn't match up to the PC version on highest settings, but visuals are still bloody impressive. Don't take this as fact, but it looks like CD Projekt has managed to get it running somewhere between the medium and high settings when compared to the PC version, more of the latter. Only downside, in terms of the visuals, is the texture pop-in at the beginning of cutscenes and conversations.

Comment

No doubt this will get a ten on God is a Geek, but in fairness this does actually look very good.

My only worry is that the melee combat looks a bit poor. Is there going to be a demo do we know?

Comment

It did get a ten haha... and I dunno what I can really say about combat with the new controls but it did start out kinda dodgy on the PC. I wouldn't say its poor nor would I say its amazing but it is far from poor.

Comment

Nothing has been announced by CD Projekt RED or Namco Bandai. Wouldn't surprise me if they release one at some point, although I don't think any one section of the game would show it off really well. It needs to be played fully, if that makes any sense.

I found the melee combat to be incredibly satisfying, especially thanks to the targeting system they've introduced for the 360 version. It's got a refreshingly old school feel to the core mechanics, yet manages to feel up-to-date at the same time. Also, it's a far from easy game, so you need to be patient and attack wisely.

If I remember correctly, the first few hours on the PC felt dodgy as they just thrust you into the action without much explanation, thankfully the Enhanced Edition has a very good tutorial at the start.
                Last edited by ezee ryder; 13-04-2012, 17:03.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                  It did get a ten haha... and I dunno what I can really say about combat with the new controls but it did start out kinda dodgy on the PC. I wouldn't say its poor nor would I say its amazing but it is far from poor.
                  Bet Fez did too..

Glad to hear the combat is good. How does it work? Is it action based or auto attack?
                  I have to say I think the visuals are lovely, not too much lighting is a blessing, it looks rather natural.

Comment

It's all action based, mate. No auto attacking, you have to do everything yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                      It's all action based, mate. No auto attacking, you have to do everything yourself.
                      Good to hear, I couldn't tell from the videos. Nothing wrong with auto attack mind, works well in some games like Last Story.

Really looking forward to giving this a go then.

Comment

Right then, just played most of the prologue.

This game is ****ing epic!

Great story, gameplay and graphics, seems like its about to really open up world wise.

For those unsure what this is, think a deeper Game of Thrones Mass Effect with Dark Souls' combat.

As I said! Epic!

Comment

sounds great - very much looking forward to playing this. there's also rumour that if the games sells well enough a port of the first game might also come.

how does the Special Edition - is there a standard version anyway?

Comment

Digital Foundry's The Witcher 2 tech-analysis is online and sounding very good indeed.
                            Last edited by Uli; 14-04-2012, 15:30.

Comment

Im enjoying this one (360) it feels very accessible for someone not expeienced with action RPG titles. The tutorial was useful and the story is really drawing me in.

Visually it's ok, like BF3 it's impressive what they can do with the 360, but it is quite a way behind the PC in terms of shadows, textures, and pop in.

Comment

Working...
                              X