Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just putting the final touches to a fresh Windows install to a SSD. Bloody hell this thing is so much faster - as SpeedLolly said above it's probably the most noticeable upgrade from any PC hardware I've ever bought.

Just wish I could have got disc imaging to work - reinstalling all over again is such a PITA.

Comment

Finally got round to upgrading my graphics card.

Opted for 6870 over a 6850 as I figure this will be the last major upgrade I make for a long time - plus I'll need the extra frames when I play Crysis 2.

6870 next to my trusty 4890 OC.

Quite surprised these were the same size; I read in a few places the 6870 was bigger.

Comment

Looks about 2-3mm longer.

Nice upgrade~

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
          I have to say, just purchased a new lappy (Samsung NP900X1B) and the boot up time with the SSD is immense, I can be using firefox within 30 seconds. Takes about a second to wake from sleep too
          Gets a 7.4 on Windows experience so the 7.9 drives must be crazy fast.
          One weird thing is the machine doesn't seem to handle video any better than my last (Acer 1810tz). Maybe I've got some power saving stuff turned on by accident but definitely seems odd given that the Windows experience rating is 4.7 over the Acers 3.2, with the i5 scoring 6.3 over the SU4100's 4.3 or so...
          Sounds amazing need to get an SSD PC/Laptop.

Comment

Another one for SSD.

My main HDD died so I had to reload the OS anyway. Bought a 120gb model and the speed difference is incredible. I have about 60gb free after win7 install as I've put most other program's on the second HDD.

Easily the biggest noticeable upgrade and it bumped my PC windows experience up to 6.9?

Comment

the new piledriver fx 8350 reviews coming in now and ....meh well the best processor that can be got on am3 + boards but not by a huge amount and nowhere near what intel processors can do

Comment

This vid says it all:

Comment

He is a bit of a douchbag and the videos are too long, I prefer Linus.

Comment

Lol, me too. But I like that he's English too.

Comment

Hi guys just bought a new laptop a

Inspiron 17R SE, 1080p screen
                      Processor
                      3rd generation Intel? Core™ i5-3210M processor (2.50 GHz, 3M cache)
                      Hard Drive1TB
                      2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 90W
                      for ?594

+ a possible cashback

i didnt buy the laptop for gaming,

i have never botherd with pc games, im hoping to try a few and get sim city next year

will this be able to run the latest games ok even if not at full graphics ?
                      Last edited by yesteryeargames; 05-11-2012, 01:52.

Comment

Yeah.

Comment

Where did you get it from? What brand? Linky?

Comment

Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories

the middle option for ?594 with my voucher code,

I got it today and windows 8 is going to take some getting used too :S

anyway it doesnt have microsoft office works,, can this be downloaded free legit anywhere? are there any other reccomended office programs that are free

anway last question maybe i should start a new thread?
                            Whats the best way for me to download a couple of games to try, thinking left for dead, trackmania, is steam the way to go ? and can i link my 360 controller to the pc or will i need a new one, sorry for all the questions im a pc gaming noob
                            thanks
                            Last edited by yesteryeargames; 05-11-2012, 14:13.

Comment

open office is pretty much all you need. For free.

there's an official wireless receiver for the xbox 360 pad that lets you connect it to the PC. It's the same price as a wireless 360 pad though....
                              They go for ?15 on ebay 2nd hand. Anything cheaper is a copy and don't work without fiddling with drivers and following youtube videos and bashing your face on the wall. So, just get a wired 360 pad.
                              Last edited by charlesr; 05-11-2012, 14:35.

Comment

I think I got the wireless adapter bundled with a controller for around ?25-30 from amazon. Look for 360 wireless controller for windows.

Comment

Working...
                                X