Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop looks pretty kusht, should be able to run everything decently scoping out that GPU. I've read about some incompatibility with the wireless pad though imagine only for some older titles, regardless, 360 pad is the way 2 go.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, off to search for a wireless pad

is steam the best and cheapest place for games ?

Comment

It's not quite "the best" hands down on all fronts, but certainly if you had to pick one source you'd pick steam. You can quite often get games cheaper elsewhere but end up getting a steam key anyway. Keep an eye on http://savygamer.co.uk/category/deals/pc/ for bargains. If you want cheap stuff on steam, wait for sales, there should be a thanksgiving one (only got into pc gaming recently so not certain, but assume it comes over here too) and then a christmas one coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
          Thanks for the help guys, off to search for a wireless pad

is steam the best and cheapest place for games ?
          Steam is great for current stuff but if you're feeling a little retro check out Good Old Games: http://www.gog.com/

Some smashing titles on there!

Comment

FirePro W7000 to replace my not-so-old FirePro 8800.

It also came with an extra bracket for 3D glasses. Also, VGP should really put the WiiU up for preorder or I'm gonna buy a Cintiq.

Comment

Funny thing about Swiss postmen: they will bring your package to your doorstep.

Even if it's 1 meter tall, 40-odd Kg cardboard box.

And leave it there if you aren't at home and you don't have to sign or pay for it. Even the receipt is clearly visible and shows contents and value.

Comment

Bought myself a 3570k for ?137 posted on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Bought myself a 3570k for ?137 posted on Amazon.
                  Welcome back

Comment

Got myself a Samsung 840 Pro SSD (256GB) only just installed it but it's very speedy right off the bat. I'd estimate a cold start up is now 10-15 seconds. The drive itself is a sleek, sexy little thing. Almost a shame to lock it up inside my laptop.

My WEI before the SSD:

Now with the SSD installed:

A good upgrade for a decent price, I'm very happy with it.
                    Last edited by NW2013; 08-02-2013, 19:03.

Comment

General PC upgrade: Core i7 3820, Noctua DH14 SE2011, Asus P9X79 Pro, 64 GB PC16000 by Corsair, Vertex 4 256MB, 2x 2TB WD Black, 1x 500GB Velociraptor, new Logitech mouse and keyboard because the new mobo doesn't support PS2 and the old mouse was acting strange.

Comment

How much are those 256gb SSD costing now? Are they the latest generation ones too? I've been keeping my eye out for them for a while now, they would be a nice upgrade for most of my computers.

Comment

I got the Samsung pro 840 in December for ?158, it's a beast.

Infact I never posted my Xmas pressie to myself this year:

Nzxt phantom full tower (in red, ahem)
                          i5 3570k
                          Evga Z75 mobo
                          8gb corsair vengeance
                          EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2
                          Samsung 840 Pro 256gb ssd

Planetside 2 still runs like ass sometimes.

Comment

Mine was a little bit more than that from Amazon (?178) but I thought that was fair enough. Well worth doing though.

Nice upgrades briareos_kerensky and Baseley!

Comment

Around 200CHF for the OCZ drive.

Comment

Saw Baseley's post and thought I'd post the PC I got myself at Xmas too. My first desktop PC since... err... I think about 2004. I was going to build one myself as I used to do that all the time, but I chickened out and got one from Dino PC.

i5 3570K overclocked to 4.3ghz
                                Asus P8Z77-V motherboard
                                8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
                                1TB SATA3 HDD
                                Radeon HD 7850 2GB x 2 in crossfire

The PC originally came with a GeForce 660 but I changed it to a 7850. My brother had a spare 7850 that he was going to sell to CEX but he let me have it on the cheap so I could bung it in my new PC and run them in crossfire. Been working a treat so far, Far Cry 3 at 2560x1440 with all the settings maxed out is definitely a nice step up from the old Xbox 360!

Comment

Working...
                                X