No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My issue with mmos is that they are poor value for money based upon the amount of time I'd have to play them. Any time I was playing anything other than the mmo I'd feel like I was wasting money lol!

That said I really REALLY fancy getting into eve online.

Comment

For me the fee has always seemed a bit cheeky due to the games looking so poor. I get that theres a decent amount of stat fans in the world but to get into one Id need a good level of polish to the product and some real, deep proper gameplay mechanics... and NO fantasy settings. For Elder Scrolls Id want and expanded permanently online world in the style of Skyrim, this isn't it.

Comment

I find the almost unanimous negative reactions to this strange. I will keep an eye on it, see how it will turn out.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
          My issue with the genre is that it hasn't evolved in around 10 years, the only MMO that looks interesting now is Guild Wars 2 but it depends on how much like the original (a good thing) or the standard template (a bad thing) it actually turns out to be.

As for Scrolls MMO, it looks remarkably generic fantasy mmo. For all I know those shots are from any other fantasy mmo released in the last five years.
          I'd agree with that, it seems kinda odd that the Single Player games have evolved into these slick and playable games that anybody can enjoy and they've turned that on it's head and created an MMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane View Post
            I find the almost unanimous negative reactions to this strange. I will keep an eye on it, see how it will turn out.
            It's because it looks like just another WoW clone running on the same, widely criticised, engine as The Old Republic. If they can offer a vast landscape that can be seamlessly traversed in the same way as the single player games, as well as offer an original, deep, and compelling gameplay experience, then the negative reactions will vanish. I will also eat my hat.

Personally I believe the wild success of WoW has stunted the growth of the genre and I'll be surprised if this does anything to change my mind.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Silanda View Post
                Personally I believe the wild success of WoW has stunted the growth of the genre and I'll be surprised if this does anything to change my mind.
                Yeah, and even WoW is now a shadow of what it used to be 5-6 years ago.

I literally have no hope for the genre.

Comment

I think it looks good personally, but there are so damn many of them now it is hard to become excited by yet another MMO. If they nail that one server thing and it runs well with tons of people I might be interested as that would be awesome, a game world that is actually full of people and feels truly alive.

Funny thing is, Guild Wars 2 looks amazing, and it does thing different from the norm, but after a while of playing I kind of wanted to go back to the usual get quest, kill stuff thing like WoW lol.

Comment

The last couple of MMO's I've picked up have been a 1 month job: SWTOR, FFXIV and GW2, but I'd still say I got value for money from them and good times. In the case of GW2 I can still play it, but I wont be paying to go back to the others. I hope this 'everyone is equal' crap that GW2 picked up on goes away. I want to crush weaklings and be crushed by no lifers damnit. Looking forward to finding out more about TES:O as it looks great already. Want to see more combat and group dynamics.

Comment

BETA Signup: http://signup.elderscrollsonline.com/
                      Interview: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...ogression.html
                      FAQ: http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/a...etail/a_id/679

All happening pretty fast~

Comment

This ones had no discussions since it appeared for PC, XBO and PS4 at E3. It looked squarely aimed at Skyrim and to be honest looked alright, anyone interested in this?

I've been back on Skyrim the last few nights and good though it is even in its heavily patched form its buggy and freezes are common place still. Makes me concerned as to whether an mmo version like this will be too rough to play for long, Bethesda aren't amazing at the quality control side of things

Comment

Very interested in this but It's been delayed to Spring 2014 instead of this year.

Comment

A shame but with this year so packed I'm ok with the delay, its starting to sound promising, very easy to get into too

Comment

ESO will charge ?9/$15 a month subscription, the devs explain why. If the game holds up well to Skyrim I'm ok with it in this instance.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                                http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...y-subscription

ESO will charge ?9/$15 a month subscription, the devs explain why. If the game holds up well to Skyrim I'm ok with it in this instance.
                                will it have instances ?

Went through a stage of playing a few mmorpgs played world of warcraft to death bit of star wars and the odd bit of other things and they seem to be all sticking to the same template.Did start playing tera which had enjoyable combat but did not go far enough (still yet to try guild wars 2) if the elder scrolls is basically skyrim/oblivion/morrowind i would be happy

Comment

Working...
                                X