Using GC controller on Wii menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using GC controller on Wii menu

I've got spare softmodded Wii that I want to use for Gamecube games only. Is there a way of bypassing the standard menu and booting into something that I can use a GC controller to launch games? I don't want to have a sensor bar attached and use a Wiimote.

You can install Bootmii, which is a menu that runs before the system menu loads. From there, you can either choose to carry on to the system menu, load straight to the Homebrew Channel among other things. Critically, it can be controlled using a GameCube controller (though not a Wii Remote, funnily enough, you can control the menu with the face buttons on the Wii if you lack a GameCube controller), so if you just want to play a GameCube game, you can just load the Homebrew Channel, then load up Gecko loader or something to run GC games.

I think it is installed as part of the HackMii package.

Comment

Thanks mate, that's just what I was looking for. Will give it a go.

Comment

I don't think there is a way of using the GameCube controller to control the dashboard cursor in the Wii menu. But if you want to get around plugging in a sensor bar the only thing you can do is use a classic controller plugged into a Wii-mote to move the cursor instead.

Edit: Sorry that's the case when it comes to using a non modded machine anyway.

Comment

I use priiloader and have it take me straight to the home brew channel which can be controlled by GC pads. You might even be able to boot straight to neogamma or something...

Comment

Can you use a gc controller to get through the priiloader screen instead of a wii remote

Comment

Working...
            X