Highlander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highlander

Ryan Reynolds has emerged as front-runner to star in Juan Carlos Fresnadillo’s reboot of the “Highlander” franchise at Lionsgate-Summit reports Variety. Both sides are reportedly in talks and keen on working together, though Reynolds is weighing other offers. The original series followed an immortal swordsman who battled other immortal warriors through the centuries. Matt Holloway […]

Yes, the reboot is coming and latest word is that Ryan Reynolds is in discussions to star in the lead role.

ITS BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TO FADE AWAY.

Comment

Highlander is perhapse one film that could do with a remake.

Its very dated and even though I have always enjoyed it quite a bit was never that well made in the first place.

As much as I like Ryan Reynolds I am not sure I can picture him as a stoic and bad ass head chopping warrior though.

Comment

Man, Highlander 1 is a film that should have just stayed alone with no sequels. That way it would have gone down as an 80's classic action/fantasy movie. Now you mention Highlander to anyone and they cant help but snigger at the ****e it became later.

They'll probably get a WWE actor to play the Kurgan, flipping gay hollywood!

Comment

Agreed. Massive fan of the original, warts and all.

Loved the story. The humour, mythology and of course that classic soundtrack by Queen which is possibly the only thing that hasn't dated too much!

Really they might as well reboot it though. The sequels ruined the whole universe anyway and any fan of the first film can take it on its own merits anyway. May as well reboot, cross fingers and in the unlikely scenario it's successful take it in another direction and try and right the wrongs.

Comment

A reboot? No way! There can be only one!

Comment

Yeah, that's why they made 4 sequels, an anime film, and a tv show.
              Last edited by rmoxon; 21-05-2012, 12:35.

Comment

Fairly certain there was just the one movie.

I may be selectively blanking out anything else mind.

Comment

They made films from the tv show didn't they? I can't remember either to be honest!!

Comment

I recommend the anime Highlander: The Search for Vengeance for fans of the series. Certainly the best thing since the first movie (maybe even better than that IMO).

Can't really see Reynolds as a believable highlander, but then again he can't really be worse than Christopher Lambert...

Comment

Dont know wether people are joking or if they just thought the movies were so bad that they did just block them out of their mind (which wouldnt suprise me at all), but anyway...

There was the highlander movie and its two god awful sequels

Then there was a rubbish tv show that focused on a different guy who was the main character from the films cousin or somthing daft.

And then there was a TV/movie crossover where both characters were in it, it was the worst thing in the series up until that point.

And then there was a film with just the guy from the TV show in it..... This was even worse than everything else that came before it.

I think its safe to say that the series lost its way a bit after the first film....
                      Last edited by rmoxon; 21-05-2012, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        They made films from the tv show didn't they? I can't remember either to be honest!!
                        There were two films from the series, Highlander: Endgame (average) and Highlander: The Source (which was dire). Then there was the spin-off Highlander: The Raven.

I really liked the series, formulaic but some great stories, especially S3-5.

Comment

When The Quickening came out on VHS I watched it a number of times, I was 11 and really enjoyed it.......just sayin

Comment

Oh yeah... I forgot about The Raven!...

I also just realised that I forgot about the animated kids show that was never picked up too.
                            Last edited by rmoxon; 21-05-2012, 13:36.

Comment

Word is that Ryan Reynolds has officially signed.

Comment

Working...
                              X