No announcement yet.

Highlander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The update (further below) says that while talks are ongoing Ryan has NOT signed.

Comment

That's speedy posting for you

Comment

Cedric Nicolas-Troyan is set to make his feature directorial debut on the “Highlander” reboot at Summit Entertainment. Art Marcum and Matt Holloway (“Iron Man”) penned the script which is said to be fairly loyal to Russell Mulcahy’s 1986 feature about Scottish immortal Connor MacLeod. Nicolas-Troyan was a second unit director on “Snow White And The […]

The reboot is nearing production making a 2015 release likely

Comment

The Highlander concept has a lot of potential, so I hope this new modern version is good. I hope they don't have macho female immortals, or that all the guys are hulks bathed in body oil. I'd like the lead character to actually be Scottish; maybe an unknown but good actor who suits the part. It'll probably be gritty(bland) without any flair or eccentric characters. There are so many ways to make it good, but also so many ways.. to make it crap.

Comment

No nominations for Gerard Butler then?

Comment

Tom Cruise is reportedly being courted to star in a reboot of the “Highlander” franchise at Summit Entertainment says The Wrap. VFX supervisor and second-unit director Cedric Nicolas-Troyan is set to make his feature directorial debut on the big-budget project. The reboot is expected to go back to the original 1986 film which starred Christopher […]

Apparently the studio wants Tom Cruise for the role Sean Connery held in the original

Comment

“John Wick” franchise director Chad Stahelski revealed in 2016 he was involved in the reboot of the “Highlander” action-fantasy franchise. However his recent commitments, including directing “John Wick: Chapter 3” opening in May, have prevented him from doing much. Talking with Collider this week shortly after the release of the new trailer for that third […]

The reboot project continues but it may not end up happening in film, they're very keen to avoid making a film where sequels etc are hard to do afterwards so liken the idea as being closer to the TV series

Comment

It's a film again this time with John Wick director Chad Stahelski set to helm it and likely Henry Cavill to lead the cast

Comment

Here we are! Born to be kings, we're the princes of the universe! Except Cavill. He’s utter rubbish.

Comment

No offense to Mr. Cavill but he just looks smug all the time. Not really going to sell the tale of a lonely immortal looking so smug.

Comment

Comment

If I were immortal I'd feel smug

Comment

If they reboot I think they need to keep the Queen soundtrack but re-record it with Adam Lambert.

I watched the original again let weekend for kicks and it's so much a part of its fabric. Plus it's aged well...

Comment

Cavill-Led "Highlander" Reboot Sets 2024 Start - Dark Horizons
                              It's official and moving forward

Comment

"Highlander" Reboot To Retain Queen Songs - Dark Horizons
                                Who Wants Queen in their Franchise Forever?

Comment

Working...
                                X