No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It definitely looks good, I just couldn't tell you if it's a result of ray-tracing over prebaked.

Control probably is the most notable case and even then at the start I had to check at the top as to whether it was starting with it enabled or not in the comparison. I strongly suspect Cyberpunk won't look too much different with it disabled. That's why I see it as being a bit like this:

Game uses no ray tracing but took much more effort by the dev to achieve, so more of a perk for devs than something that meaningful to gamers in terms of the end product. Just means better lighting and reflections on a more consistent basis.

Comment

This is what I've been admiring with Perfect Dark again, lately. There are so many neat little fake effects dotted around such as shadows and reflections. You can also shoot out all of the lightbulbs within any interior space to gradually diminish the light all the way down to total darkness, excluding the atmospheric flickering from the defunct lighting.

N64.

Comment

This is going to run like absolute dogs**t on anything less than an OneX, even on that i can see it being a stuttering mess with huge frame issues.

Got a free copy with my Cyberpunk OneX so will certainly be downloading to play, but i don't hold any hopes.

Hopefully it plays better than witcher3.

Comment

Everytime i see this thread pop up im praying not another delay when i open it.

Comment

Their QA lead posted this yesterday so I think it's finished, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
              Everytime i see this thread pop up im praying not another delay when i open it.

No More Delays: Cyberpunk 2077 Expected To Hit Its Release Date

"Cyberpunk 2077 is nearly here, and developer CD Projekt Red has a pretty simple message about that: it is actually nearly here. The ambitious open world RPG has already been delayed twice back to its current release date of November 19, but here in the era of COVID-19 further delays wouldn’t necessarily be out of the question: its hard out there for, well, almost everyone. In a recent video for the company’s financial results, CFO Piotr Nielubowicz assures viewers that by the time the company releases its next quarterly video—in December—Cyberpunk 2077 will already be out."

Comment

A couple of new trailers. One focusing on the city and offering a tour of city districts, one focusing on the different gangs. Looks great in terms of place-building, gun-play looks a bit stilted. Not overly excited about that. Also, the writing and characterisation seem to be hoving rather close to that tired Grand Theft Auto narrative brand: i.e. a city of insufferable, one-dimensional narcissists, cheats and cynics. I hope this is not a true reflection of things, and that they've managed to bring in some of the nuance and character complexity - and also the moral ambiguity - that they had in the last Witcher. But there they had a rich body of writing to draw upon, so I guess we'll see...

Last edited by Golgo; 20-09-2020, 07:49.

Comment

Re: the ray tracing comparisons, only control had any noticeable difference amd it looked like the reason for that was that they did f all work on the non rt version. Ray tracing is good for developers I gather as it means less work needs doing on the lighting but the end result is imperceptible to me. Also I always want to like the cd project games (bought all the Witcher games) but the gameplay always massively lets them down so I’ll skip this. Everyone else, enjoy!!

Comment

This looks incredible. I seriously doubt, however, that it will look this good on PS4 Pro or Xbox One X. I predict frame rate issues and some jank.

On a decent PC though, fill your boots!!

Shame that the only patch for PS5 or Series at launch is to enable back cat rather than anything more heavy duty.

Comment

First game I play on the PS5.

Comment

First game I play on Series X for me

Comment

Originally posted by gware View Post
                          First game I play on Series X for me
                          Same I picked it up on CDKeys a few days back for £44.99. It's the one game I'm buying outside of Game Pass (until Xmas)...

I've got Control, Doom Eternal and Gears Tactics queued up as well... Held off playing them until the new console arrives so it all feels like they were launch titles!

Comment

The closer it gets to release and the more they show of it the more I'm starting to look forward to this.

A bit shorter than Witcher 3 as well which is good, hopefully it's as big an advancement over that game as W3 was over W2 as I'm the same as Brad, the Witcher series gameplay is weak so I've been wary they will pull this style off but it's looking pretty solid in these latest vids. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I just read that Eurogamer article.
                              Good that they've listened to fans and made it shorter.
                              Obviously, there will some that want it to take even longer to complete, but for me, I'm happy.

Comment

Yeah...I still haven't finished the Witcher 3 but it's something I keep going back to.

The thing with these games now is the main campaign length doesn't have to be a sprawling 100hr event... They can always lean on DLC for the next hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X