No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I noticed that early on as the gameplay isn't refined enough to feel comfortable at lower rates. I scaled back some of the shadow quality, distant texture qualities etc in order to try and get 4K with max RT at as close to 60fps. In the brief bit I've done I'm mostly there but the game has yet to open up much so I imagine it'll need further downscaling.

Comment

Seems there's a new patch today which should help performance all round. Already quite happy with the performance on my 3060 Ti at 1440p but wouldn't mind a bit more!

Comment

Probably the most cyberpunk thing I've seen of the game

Comment

Cyberpunk car coming to Forza

Comment

Just did the race to unlock that. Decent freebie but the car isn't anything special to drive.

Comment

I avoided most things Cyberpunk so far, but this came up in my Twitter feed. If ever there was one screenshot comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                I avoided most things Cyberpunk so far, but this came up in my Twitter feed. If ever there was one screenshot comparison.

Think its been removed, what was it?

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                  Think its been removed, what was it?
                  It's just a tweet from Paul Tassi (videogame journalist at Forbes) showing the PC version (looking fantastic) vs. his Xbox Series X version (looking so so).

Btw I've just checked this forum on two different browsers (Chrome & Edge) and even when not logged in, my post with the Tweet quote above is showing (original and quoted). Are you sure you're not blocking media elements or something?

The tweet is very much still there (original link)

Comment

Weird I can see it now. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post

This is actually because the HDR is broken in this game.

Playing on PS5, it looks far closer to the left. Infact, the fact since the last patch defaults the game to HDR off- says it all. It’s utterly broken. Brightening everything, crazy banding, everything washed out.

I actually dropped the game yesterday until the next gen version because although it was 60fps on PS5, it was so blurry. A mixture of low resolution, like 900p, plus motion blur, chromatic aberration - urgh.

Then today’s patch came out at it’s so much better. Closer to 1440p I’d say, although still dynamic, it’s far better. It’s still a last gen version so a few cases of low res textures and pop in- but it’s actually not bad at all now, and worth playing- on PS5 I can say at least.

Also, you can turn off motion blur, lens flare, and chromatic abberation off now which further improves the picture quality.

Comment

I've been playing for about 3/4 hours now and most of that time i have spent trying to get it to run nice on my PC, i have literally only got past the gameplay tutorial thing, no matter what i did I just could not get it to run decent. It was ever so slightly janky and stuttery, and what i can only descripe has having a light smear of vaseline on the screen, not blurry exactly but certainly not clear.

After several hours i have finally cracked it, its the Ray-Tracing. I have been playing with all the settings etc but no matter what i did it still looked like crap, granted im only running a 2060 Super but even using the minimal Ray-Tracing settings with DLSS etc it just didnt look right. So i decided to turn it off completley and boom, it finally looks amazing and runs buttery smooth. Im running at 2k with just about every setting at ultra and it looks just so good.

Comment

Yep HDR is flat out broken on console as tested by HDTV test. Hopefully they'll fix this quick smart as otherwise it just ruins all the blacks and shadow detail.

I've turned off all the extra graphical options like film grain, motion blur and depth of field and it's looks great now for me on Series X.

It's still a way behind the detail of high end PC but given it's not even optimised for the next gen consoles it's pretty good.

Comment

I'm still being overwhelmed by it constantly. All I wanted was the 2018 demo, and this is what we got:

Comment

Here's actual screenshots direct from my playthrough on series X. Like I said, most graphical options turned off.

Comment

Sounds like everyone is having LOADS of fun, calibrating their graphics card.

Comment

Working...
                                X