No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking forward to this but I'm pretty much always late to the party when it comes to newly-released games.

By the time I get it, it'll be the GOTY and expect 99% of the bugs will be fixed. I was expecting this to be buggy, anyway, it sounds VAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
      So do we excuse a game releasing broken/in a poor state, or the 'no-refunds' policy on PSN now?

I've no doubt CDPR will support the game and improve it on console but personally I don't think that doesn't mean there isn't legitimate criticism. The last Witcher 3 patch was May 2018 (according to the W3 Wiki).
      You just don’t buy it on release, pretty simple.

Comment

Have a feeling the price on this is gonna tumble pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          You just don’t buy it on release, pretty simple.

Comment

Don't give me that. You want to support unfinished products getting a full price release then don’t be surprised devs carry on the practice.

Comment

Christ everyone has short memories. Witcher3 was a mess on release, console versions were technical disasters, devs are STILL fixing and updating it.

Im more surprised that everyone else is so surprised that Cyberpunk is in the same boat.
              I know this and remember. I had no illusions this game was going to be anything other than buggy at launch and it's going to take a while to get it ticking over nicely...

It's been delayed for months, they've been in crunch for the last few months and theyve been doing so in a year we'll never forget... I'm surprised it's out at all.

As for consumer rights, I know Xbox digital will refund anything within 14 days no issue as I've done it several times before... Battlefront 2 was the last one.

Is Sony that bad with PSN then? I've no idea as never tried to get a refund.

Comment

Eurogamer have run a story on PSN refunds for Cyberpunk, although it's lazy reporting because the reddit post they link to is a US-based customer. There is no mention of the UK. Although the reddit thread mentions a customer claiming not to have got a refund on Steam.

Feels like this has the potential to be a Batman: Arkham Knight (PC) sort of situation. As mentioned here at the very least the potential to be remembered with the likes of No Man' Sky and Driveclub.
                Pretty sure Sony would be shooting themselves in the foot regarding the "business complaint" to CDPR. Sony ultimately get final say on whether the title is fit for release.

Ah but then if MS say "it's fine", then I guess Sony might have to say it also for business sake. It's a not so good.
                Last edited by hudson; 13-12-2020, 20:51.

Comment

Don't give me that. You want to support unfinished products getting a full price release then don’t be surprised devs carry on the practice.

I think having an expectation something works, or you can enact your consumer rights isn't unreasonable.

Again allow refunds. CDPR's GOG policy ironically is the standard.

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  Pretty sure Sony would be shooting themselves in the foot regarding the "business complaint" to CDPR. Sony ultimately get final say on whether the title is fit for release.

Ah but then if MS say "it's fine", then I guess Sony might have to say it also for business sake. It's a not so good.
                  I'm not sure there is any complaint. It seems to be based of this reddit thread involving something a front-line customer services representative said, rather than any official PR statement (that I can see). I also think some US PSN customers are just getting lucky with refunds rather than Sony allowing refunds for everyone.

A dev confirmed in the Resetera thread that certification from the console platforms won't ultimately be concerned with stability and some of the issues seen here, rather this is the responsibility of the dev/publisher.
                  Last edited by Digfox; 13-12-2020, 22:19.

Comment

I hit one of the game breaking bugs last night concerning the introduction of Johnny Silverhands where you can't continue without killing all enemies and yet some of them don't exit a room before the door closes...

It's actually a bug they said was fixed in 1.04 but it clearly isn't... I somehow got lucky on my 10th attempt I hammered the door and somehow managed to kill them with splash damage.

I'd have been well gutted if I'd had to restart 10 hours worth....

Comment

Some good news - an apology for the XBO/PS4 performance, some updates about upcoming patches and confirmation you can contact them to help get a refund. Not sure how this will work with the PSN no refund policy in the UK/EU but good on CDPR.

Comment

but good on CDPR.
                        but "minimum level of customer service satisfied after intentionally releasing something not ready", honestly.

I really don't want to see them getting any good will from this. They're cleaning up a mess they themselves made.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          but "minimum level of customer service satisfied after intentionally releasing something not ready", honestly.

I really don't want to see them getting any good will from this. They're cleaning up a mess they themselves made.
                          That's a fair comment and more my poor choice of words looking to end my sentence. You're right this is the minimum.
                          Last edited by Digfox; 14-12-2020, 08:09.

Comment

That's a fair comment and more my poor choice of words looking to end my sentence. You're right this is the minimum. Although as you know a lot of devs/pubs wouldn't have done this and just ridden out the storm.
                            It doesn't get them off the hook for basically not showing the last gen version(s) until it was too late but I do appreciate the direct tone and nature of that message. They've clearly set out the roadmap situation, discussed refunds, and outlined they'll keep you updated.

Obviously, this is damage control and what they should have been doing the month prior to release but at least they're actioning a plan here.

Comment

The whole situation does kinda make me laugh. There are people on Twitter/Reddit who are defending them; people are saying "it runs badly on my PS4" and they're replying things like "it's your fault for running what's basically a next-gen game on a last-gen machine". Utterly ridiculous.

I say this because for developers who are trying to push the envelope, on console, they're always "up against it" with hardware. They want to eke out the absolute best they can, and can't do the unfortunate PC game developer attitude of "maybe people will upgrade"; they have to make it fit in the box.

Rather than do the difficult job and (shock) make the game for the console that exists, I think CDPR have been fortunate enough to be midway through their dev at the moment that the PS5/Xbox-whatever declared their performance characteristics and they've just not done the work in terms of fixing it for the platform it was originally meant to be on. It's really bad practice.

The hype impacts this too, because Sony/MS would never have let a game this buggy through if it wasn't so hyped. This reflects poorly on them, too.

Comment

Yes, that message of what they should and shouldn't have done/lessons to be learned/asking for a second chance etc. is disingenuous in the extreme. Of course it was all 100% intentional, based on the simple calculation that getting as much money off as many people now was a safe bet when followed by a craven apology with names of all culpable parties personally attached. I bet they drafted and focus-tested that message months ago, and I'm guessing most disgruntled customers will now extend the benefit of the doubt and hold on to their copies.

Comment

Working...
                                X