No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been rather lucky with this so far. No game breaking crashes, just amusing stuff such as a npc walking a in the sky, a floating ashtray and my character having no hair when looking in to a mirror. I'm a few hours in now. Johnny Silverfinger or whatever he is called is now chatting in a dinner with me.

Playing on the series X in graphics mode. I'm fine with the 30fps in this mode. The lush visuals make up for it. So many NPCs walking around on the Series X too.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 14-12-2020, 10:15.

Comment

I'll never understand the hand waving of issues people are happy to do given the extent of issues here. The game isn't next-gen, it uses some effects that are next-gen but they can just be disabled. There's absolutely nothing next-gen about the game design, it's actually quite dated and limited in reality. You look at some of the games available on XBO/PS4 and it's abundantly obvious that it's simply that the game has been released in a poor state and will remain so for a very long time to come.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        Pretty sure Sony would be shooting themselves in the foot regarding the "business complaint" to CDPR. Sony ultimately get final say on whether the title is fit for release.

Ah but then if MS say "it's fine", then I guess Sony might have to say it also for business sake. It's a not so good.
        Usually with these refunds its not sony but a specific retailer that offers refunds, No mans sky was the last game i remember that launched in a really poor state i got a refund via Amazon and like many others who did the same it was due to the games unfinished state and it didn't matter if you had bought it at retail or digitally.

I'd say that this game on base ps4 and xbox is unacceptable, when the experience is like playing the game below minimum spec on pc then they should of just not released it. T-posing characters, textures not loading, massive pop in ,freezes, and 15fps driving sections, are unacceptable in a big budget release. Its not like the ps4 cant do open world stuff so why dose this game run so badly on a base ps4 while also looking like a late gen ps3 release.

Comment

Really makes me chuckle that the special edition Cyberpunk console i have will likely never see the game played on it as it runs so badly.

Comment

It's not just that game is broken or buggy, but it's missing some seriously vital components of a game we expect in 2020.

Comment

A more conspiratorially-minded person might think that if they're reporting on sales and refunds as two separate numbers, that this was a measured risk they had planned all along, with the intent to dance more around how many units they shifted for the benefit of shareholders. I hope it does cost them, and I hope a lot of people get their refunds.

The marketing spend for this game has been absolutely unreal, and to hide performance of the platforms you're actually selling it for is just flat out deception. That patch schedule they're now talking about reads like its ongoing and even worse crunch conditions for the development team. The whole thing stinks, and I'm totally sick of seeing it everywhere I go. I have no idea how it does in-game, but it's done a great job portraying a dystopia in its over-reaching media presence, not to mention being about about as 'punk' as Boyzone.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                A more conspiratorially-minded person might think that if they're reporting on sales and refunds as two separate numbers, that this was a measured risk they had planned all along, with the intent to dance more around how many units they shifted for the benefit of shareholders. I hope it does cost them, and I hope a lot of people get their refunds.
                Totally not a tinfoil hat thing. I'd be willing to bet that they're banking on the awkwardness of the refund processes, in addition to that people do want the game and might give it the time they need, so that in 2 months they can go to their directors and shareholders, say "only 4% of users have asked for refunds, see! See! Just a bunch of whingers! It's fine!"

Comment

I was a bit gutted last night as I noticed my FPS drop under 75. Still, no threat of having to drop from Psycho to Ultra.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    Totally not a tinfoil hat thing. I'd be willing to bet that they're banking on the awkwardness of the refund processes, in addition to that people do want the game and might give it the time they need, so that in 2 months they can go to their directors and shareholders, say "only 4% of users have asked for refunds, see! See! Just a bunch of whingers! It's fine!"
                    They're banking on a lot of people not even unwrapping it for another couple of weeks... By which point most refund windows have come and gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      I've been rather lucky with this so far. No game breaking crashes, just amusing stuff such as a npc walking a in the sky, a floating ashtray and my character having no hair when looking in to a mirror. I'm a few hours in now. Johnny Silverfinger or whatever he is called is now chatting in a dinner with me.

Playing on the series X in graphics mode. I'm fine with the 30fps in this mode. The lush visuals make up for it. So many NPCs walking around on the Series X too.
                      I couldn't get on with quality mode on the Series X. I mean yes its crisper but as soon as you move it just feels poor compared to the fluid movement of the performance mode. I would happily sacrifice some fidelity just to keep the game moving and feeling better, particularly in the gun fights.

Thankfully the Series X has the option to switch in-game. It's a shame its missing on the PS5 but by all accounts it seems decent on PS5 albeit with a lower NPC count and less going on in general.

Comment

I want to hope this is finally the turning point with devs stop getting away with this crap again & again but i doubt it will. Gamers have been conditioned into accepting this as normal, the backlash is totally deserved their apology comes across as totally hollow as they damn well knew how broken it was before release.

How it will play out is you'll have the hand wavers fighting against the pissed off gamers for the next few months, then the proper patches will start coming and things get fixed then everyone will magically forget and start praising it again as the best game ever. And the cycle will continue for the next broken super hyped game will release and things will repeat. Sony & Microsoft are just as much to blame as both allowed it to pass certification when it's clear it's not suitably finished for a proper retail release.
                        Last edited by importaku; 14-12-2020, 12:10.

Comment

I think I must have been reasonable lucky so far as I've only encounted one game breaking bug on PC that fixed itself on a save reload. A side-mission wouldn't progress as it refused to recognised the character you had to talk to had been talked to and had walked away again.

There are plenty of glitches, some immersion breaking, mostly the wrong filters applied to sounds, lip syncing and items floating in the air.

It's by no means a 10/10 game for reasons other than the bugs, but I've definitely not found it so broken it's not playable (I've got about 22 hours on the clock so far). That maybe a different case on consoles, which seems to be where a lot of the issues around performance are.

It needs a beefy PC to run this game at anything close to the PR videos, so last gen consoles are going to suffer - CDPR should have been more upfront about this, no doubt.
                          Last edited by MartyG; 14-12-2020, 12:38.

Comment

Well, ive emailed them about refunding a physical PS4 copy. No point asking GAME.

I'm actually playing on PS5, but i'm not happy with it. Yes the FPS is higher, but the game is still a buggy mess, with constant crashes, saves corrupting and its still ultimately using the crappy PS4 version as a base.

I wish i'd waited for the next gen version- and I know, I get a free copy with this one. But i've paid £50 for a game I cant play reasonably until the next gen version comes out which is when?

Id rather get my money back now, and buy it when it comes out next gen and actually check more about reviews etc when its released and covered by the media- right now I have no idea how or when that will pan out, or even if I have faith that it will be any better,

Comment

I was literally just in Game this minute (skulking around the second-hand section like a tramp) and one member of staff was talking to another about various things to bring them up to date and mentioned that they might get people bringing back copies of Cyberpunk saying it isn't working due to bugs and glitches and that there's something going round the Internet saying Game will refund customers who bring it back in. However, it isn't true and the normal policies apply.

I didn't buy anything, just in case you were wondering.

Comment

It’s very playable on the Xbox one x, but the resolution and framerate does drop quite a bit when in the main city area.

Comment

Working...
                                X