No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here, people get interested in other things, move out of town etc. My friend (who I used to play Cyberpunk with) has a table-top group now, so I might be able to infiltrate that at some point in the future.

And yeah, I'm a bit far from Basildon as I live in Finland.

Edit: Info about the upcoming game from CD Projekt:
    -Mature setting for mature audiences inspired by works like Blade Runner
    -Non-linear storyline
    -Uses Cyberpunk P&P game system
    -Different character classes and customizable characters
    -Tons of guns and cybernetic upgrades
    -Cutting edge graphics

Announcement from CD Projekt and Mike Pondsmith
    Last edited by Guts; 31-05-2012, 12:18.

Comment

Witcher 2 was very well made but quite dry and not varied enough so I got bored halfway through. This has the potential to have more variety to it and if they can get the (presumably) gun based combat right it could be great.

Comment

Guts, are there any novels for this? I checked it out on wikipedia and there's a massive timeline with heaps of detail, but I want to know if there's anything I can read to get into it.

Comment

The Wikipedia page mentions two novels by author named Stephen Billias; The Ravengers (1995) and Holo Men (1996). I haven't read either, so I have no idea if they're any good. There are about a bazillion source books for the RPG which give details about the setting.

Comment

Ah that's a shame. I wouldn't mind checking out the setting but I have zero interest in playing a pen and paper RPG.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
              Same here, people get interested in other things, move out of town etc. My friend (who I used to play Cyberpunk with) has a table-top group now, so I might be able to infiltrate that at some point in the future.

And yeah, I'm a bit far from Basildon as I live in Finland.

Edit: Info about the upcoming game from CD Projekt:
              -Mature setting for mature audiences inspired by works like Blade Runner
              -Non-linear storyline
              -Uses Cyberpunk P&P game system
              -Different character classes and customizable characters
              -Tons of guns and cybernetic upgrades
              -Cutting edge graphics

Announcement from CD Projekt and Mike Pondsmith
              Lol I thought you were an overseas member but couldn't remember
              That is a bit far for a few games

Just watched the vid at last & it sounds amazing

Really cant wait for this going to be awesome

Will have to get a gaming PC sorted me thinks

Neil

Comment

A new press conference video (with Mike Pondsmith) about the game is out:

Not a lot of new info (but a lot of awkward jokes!), but the two main things are:

-The game will be called Cyberpunk 2077 which is the year the game will be taking place.

-It'll take place in a sandbox environment of Night City, the fictional west coast U.S. city of the original Cyberpunk RPG.

Game homepage which includes a blog from Mr. Pondsmith: http://www.cyberpunk.net/

Last edited by Guts; 18-10-2012, 22:05.

Comment

In around 25 hours people, first trailer will hit.
                  Here's a teaser shot....

Comment

Tabletop games aside, I'm a massive William Gibson fan, and he invented the entire genre and style. Neuromancer is a work of genius.

Very interested in this. I want my hacking deck now please.
                    Last edited by wakka; 09-01-2013, 22:26.

Comment

Sweet, can't wait to see what they have done with the setting.

I should check out if Neuromancer is available at the local library.

Comment

Holy cow, really nice teaser trailer.

Welcome to the year 2077. More info: http://www.cyberpunk.net/

The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.

The Psycho Squad specializes in combating "psychos" -- individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body.

There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call "meatbags."

When a psycho goes on the rampage, strange things can happen. There's carnage, and the psycho might be taken down by regular police, but they're not always able to get the job done.

When things spin out of control, they call in MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division), popularly called the Psycho Squad.

Comment

Wowzer that was cool! What formats, or not decided yet?

Comment

Well it's due 2015 (or when it's done) so a LONG way off just yet BUT I would say knowing CD Projekt main format will be PC of course. Possibly next-gen consoles and by 2015 they will be current gen!

CD Projekt put a hidden message in the trailer, explaining a few things to look out for, including another game reveal marked for February 5th, The Witcher 3?

Comment

It might aswell be out in 2077! I dunno if I want to get excited for this game right now, it's hard not to but damn that's a long time. I thought waiting for Project Eternity was bad enough. Tried The Witcher last year got about half way through and got bored, haven't tried 2 yet as the first one put me off a bit. Hope they get this right

Comment

My inner 12-year-old self just squealed of excitement. My current, older self did the same. It's going to be a long wait for this one.

Nice nods to the tabletop game there. The woman on the poster at 0:40 is an revamped illustration from the book and commissioner Hammerman was the name of a cop in the fluff text.

Song rocks too. Any idea what it's called?

Comment

Working...
                                X