Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guts View Post
    Song rocks too. Any idea what it's called?
    Yeah it's by a band called Archive, song is Bullets from the album Controlling Crowds (Parts 1-3)

Comment

Yeah, I managed to find it through the official forum, but thanks anyway, Fry.

Comment

The devs ballpark this as at least a 2017 release

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
          Edit: Info about the upcoming game from CD Projekt:
          -Cutting edge graphics

Announcement from CD Projekt and Mike Pondsmith
          Have they not learned their lesson from The Witcher 3?
          They should be saying "bland, boring, sub-par graphics" and do screen renders in MS Paint for E3, then when the game is coming out, there won't be a load of people moaning that it looks different when it comes out, but applauding the better graphics.

Having said that, there will still be people moaning that they wish CD Projekt had stuck with the original MS Paint aesthetic!

Oh, and be careful on that video. The website link at the top says fraps.com, and you really need to be careful that you don't miss any letters out when typing it into a browser. Mainly the "r"...

I think this was my first taste of cyberpunk:

However, I'm still waiting to play this cyberpunk game...

Comment

Freeway Fighter was brilliant, QC. I loved that back in the day. Not sure about that other thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...50526?irpc=932

The devs ballpark this as at least a 2017 release
              According to this they're not even going to start talking about it until 2017, let alone release: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wit.../1100-6427589/
              In the meantime, CDP guy interviewed in report says, they're going to pimp Witcher 3 and roll around in their monies.

Comment

Technobabylon will have to tide me over instead.

2017 before we even see another trailer then. I can't believe it was shown as a teaser 2 years ago.
                CDProjekt really do like showing stuff that's a LONG way off.

Comment

I loved Freeway Fighter too (along with most of Livingstone's books)

Did anybody remember the Games Workshop Mad Max/Cyberpunk car game Dark Future??

Look the manual even featured the same cover...

I still remember buying it from a miniatures shop in Colchester back when my mum & dad had a touring caravan on a lttle site down there.
                  I was just drawn in by it.

Wish I still had it & people to play with but man it was awesome back then.

Neil

Comment

I never had that but always wanted it. I had a ton of others (Space Marine etc.) but I always wanted to get that one. It looked like tons of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I never had that but always wanted it. I had a ton of others (Space Marine etc.) but I always wanted to get that one. It looked like tons of fun.
                      This was the first one I bought which then steered me towards 40k etc.
                      I still remember going into the store where I got it & seeing the boxes of the Titans for the 40k game & thinking they looked awesome & then this caught my eye & off I went.

I didn't get too many boxsets for Dark Future as we discovered that Hot Wheels cars made suitable replacements

I still really want Blood Bowl & fancy trying Battlefleet Gothic (I know they are both defunct now but both always intrigued me)

Hooray total thread derailment in 3 posts

Comment

Yes, I had Blood Bowl and Dungeon Bowl and the expansion book. Loved it but the truth is that my favourite part was painting the figures. Same with Adeptus Titanicus and so on. Just loved the painting. I have them all sitting in my mum's attic still I think.

But yeah... cyberpunk...

Edit: Funnily enough, this news is on Toucharcade today: http://toucharcade.com/2015/05/26/da...easer-trailer/

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                          Technobabylon will have to tide me over instead.

2017 before we even see another trailer then. I can't believe it was shown as a teaser 2 years ago.
                          CDProjekt really do like showing stuff that's a LONG way off.

Oooh, looks quite good does that. Love how every cyberpunk girl ever imagined has green lipstick, by the way. Must be the law in the future.

Comment

I'm not sure why Livingstone's books haven't made it to Kindle. Maybe because you can't keep your finger on the last page if you die?

That Starburst magazine with Mad Max on the cover has several articles on the influences of the MM series including a section on games. Fallout 3, Freeway Fighter and Thunderroad were all mentioned:

I'm guessing none of these are cyberpunk, so I've derailed another thread (sorry), but we've got to talk about something until 2017's first glimpse of the Cyberpunk game!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Yes, I had Blood Bowl and Dungeon Bowl and the expansion book. Loved it but the truth is that my favourite part was painting the figures. Same with Adeptus Titanicus and so on. Just loved the painting. I have them all sitting in my mum's attic still I think.

But yeah... cyberpunk...

Edit: Funnily enough, this news is on Toucharcade today: http://toucharcade.com/2015/05/26/da...easer-trailer/
                              I unfortunately don't have any mates that still game (my brother does but being as he works all the hours under the sun at Wayland Games he's barely home & he's more into actual Role Play these days) I don't think I'll ever really get back into it but I did love it back in the day.
                              Blood Bowl always looked like the prefect game to me.
                              My painting was hideous & 9 times out of 10 we played with unpainted models.

Although on the Cyberpunk theme...I still have my Necromunda boxset at home with the mini magazines they did for it.
                              That was frankly brilliant & the crews were really good.

Lol That game was actually the firslt link when you google Dark Future...might have a look at it later

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I'm not sure why Livingstone's books haven't made it to Kindle. Maybe because you can't keep your finger on the last page if you die?

That Starburst magazine with Mad Max on the cover has several articles on the influences of the MM series including a section on games. Fallout 3, Freeway Fighter and Thunderroad were all mentioned:

I'm guessing none of these are cyberpunk, so I've derailed another thread (sorry), but we've got to talk about something until 2017's first glimpse of the Cyberpunk game!
                              Lol at least I'm not the only person who did that then.
                              Didn't they do a re-run of them recently?

Wow never knew about that Thunderroad, that looks pretty fun too

Comment

Cyberpunk 2077: Studio Images Give Us A Fair Idea About The Weapons And Locations

"Cybperunk 2077 is probably a long ways off from release yet, with CD Projekt RED themselves having confirmed quite recently that the game probably won’t launch for a few more years. It makes sense, then, that we know very little about it- however, if new reports are anything to go by, we may have found some interesting tidbits that shed some light on the locations and weapons that will be included in the game.

YouTube channel LegacyKillaHD recently uploaded a video talking about this (you can view it below)- It appears that in December of 2017, the Polish studio released a full video walkthrough of their offices, showing off everything from their mo-cap studios and audio room to their office’s corridors and other working stations inside. And through these videos and images, all of which can be found online, we can glean some interesting information on the game. For starters, there’s images of various kinds of weapons that have been modelled and will likely be included in Cyberpunk 2077, from handguns and rifles to machine guns and shotguns.

More interestingly though, as per the images, CD Projekt RED have separate rooms in their offices, with each of them being names for specific locations that will be included in the game itself- two of these rooms are named after Kabuki, Heywood, CP, and Pacifica, many of which seem to be locations in Night City (the place where the game is probably going to be set).

Additionally, there is also a room specific to Arasaka, which, in the universe of the Cyberpunk tabletop games, is a mega corporation in Japan whose objective is to turn the nation into a superpower. Arasaka, apparently, have been at war with fellow American megacorporation Militech for several years, and it definitely seems like these two corporations will have a major role to play in the game itself.

There’s a lot of other interesting info to sink your teeth into, so I recommend you check out the video below. Stay tuned to GamingBolt and we’ll keep bringing you more updates on Cyberpunk 2077 as they come our way."

Comment

Working...
                                X