Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Coming to a retail store nov for low low price of £70, mainly so Sony can’t suddenly yank it when the new version is a bug ridden mess.
    The nextgen patch is not being charged for, it's due in the second half of the year

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A: We are planning to release the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Comment

That was sarcasm Marty 😉.

In all honesty I’m expecting the next gen patch to look lovely in screens and play like a dog as the performance takes a nose dive to achieve the new visual additions.

Comment

I'd totally forgotten I got this sat on the pile of shame.

Comment

I suspect it'll run very similar to the PC version which has a reasonably playable framerate, given the spec of the hardware and the DLSS type upscaling on nextgen consoles should help with that too (should it be implemented).

Comment

A mate of mine started playing it a couple of weeks ago on PS5 and bar the odd game crash he says it's incredible. Sounds like it's in pretty good shape on the next gens. It's sat on my pile of shame too

Comment

I’ve clocked up 25hrs on the PS4 version running on PS5 and its been enjoyable for the most part. Looks good, 60fps bar the odd dip when driving fast, and the game is well written with great characters, also despite the dislike I actually like Johnny Silverhand.

However its been the buggiest game I’ve played in a decade, with a hard crash almost every time I’ve played it.

The name is already marred but if they’d polished this to a mirror for another year instead of rushing it out this could of been a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                I'd totally forgotten I got this sat on the pile of shame.
                Yeah I've got it sitting somewhere. Everytime I see news of a patch I think 'ooh, is this worth playing yet?' the answer is always no.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Coming to a retail store nov for low low price of £70, mainly so Sony can’t suddenly yank it when the new version is a bug ridden mess.
                  Sadly I can see that happening

Comment

I was being sarcastic but honestly nothing surprises me anymore.

Comment

I think they will absolutely look to do a major relaunch of the game - including new boxed, PS5 and XSX branded versions - to align with the release of the next gen patch.

Pushing it all the way back to the end of this year was the right call - they really need to nail this in order to regain some credibility and to give it the long tail in terms of sales that they'll require to fund their next project. While the game has its supporters, its reputation is basically mud and it still isn't available for purchase on the PS Store, which is pretty much an unmitigated disaster for CDPR.

I'm curious to see how it fares when this happens. I'll be looking to pick it up, I think (probably via a used PS4 copy in CEX on the cheap to download the PS5 version gratis as a patch).
                      Last edited by wakka; 18-06-2021, 12:19.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        probably via a used PS4 copy in CEX on the cheap to download the PS5 version gratis as a patch
                        Way to reward all CD Projekt Red's hard work and dedication

Comment

Haha, it’s a bit cheeky I suppose. If I was them though, I’d rather have me as a prospect for DLC purchases in the future (which I’m game for if it clicks with me), than not at all.

I feel a bit burned by them too, to be honest. I was so so so excited about the game for years then it kind of flopped onto the market as a bit of a mess. So I don’t feel too warmly towards them right now!

Comment

This is now available on the ps store again. However you get a disclaimer saying:
                            "IMPORTANT NOTICE: Users continue to experience performance issues with this game. Purchase for use on PS4 systems is not recommended. For the best Cyberpunk experience on PlayStation, play on PS4 Pro and PS5 systems."

Comment

Dammed straight as well. About time one of the platform holders made a stand against shoddy half baked software like this.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Haha, it’s a bit cheeky I suppose. If I was them though, I’d rather have me as a prospect for DLC purchases in the future (which I’m game for if it clicks with me), than not at all.

I feel a bit burned by them too, to be honest. I was so so so excited about the game for years then it kind of flopped onto the market as a bit of a mess. So I don’t feel too warmly towards them right now!
                                I don't think you're being cheeky at all. After the boss did his public apology and straight up lied - saying they hadn't encountered such bugs in testing and were completely taken by surprise by it all after release - I think anything is fair game here.

Comment

Working...
                                X