No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just buy the Game of the Year edition in 3 years for £17.99. It should be done by then

Comment

If they pull a Hello Games it'll be awesome...i doubt they will. Hello games didn't have anything else going so they could spend time fixing it. CDPR will probably have 2/3 more games in the pipe which they won't want to delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        My point was more about stuff said during development and the idea of 'promises'. Nothing said during development should be considered a promise unless it is stated as an actual promise. We all know enough about development here even as just players to know what happens during that process. What game devs set out to make and what they actually make are often two very different things and that's just how the process works. So I think we need to learn to separate what is said during that period from the actual marketing approaching release. If the product does not match up to release marketing or features listed on the box, that is a whole world away from a game not having a feature that a dev said six years ago that they were aiming for.
        Yeah, it's a balance. Gleeful 'It's a DOWNGRADE!!!' finger pointing annoys me when, realistically, of course things change during development and you don't necessarily do everything you might've originally said about, either because it wasn't possible or you realised that actually, it wasn't such a good idea after all.

I do think Cyberpunk is a bit of a special case in this regard, just because as recently as July 2019 (less than a year before the initial release date), staff were doing interviews which focused on touting major gameplay features that would never make it into the final game.

By the time of release it seemed it wasn't so much the design evolving as it went on, so much as a desperate slash and burn of feature and bug testing time in order to get the game out before PS5 and Series X.

It's not that I feel ripped off or angry or anything (I haven't even bought it, lol), but more I'm frustrated at the missed opportunity. I really loved Witcher 3 and I feel like if they had managed this better and given the team more time, maybe this could have actually been the truly 10/10 game it looked like it might be.

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke
        If they pull a Hello Games it'll be awesome...i doubt they will. Hello games didn't have anything else going so they could spend time fixing it. CDPR will probably have 2/3 more games in the pipe which they won't want to delay.

This is what I'm wondering about. The thing is, apart from small, infrequent, Witcher-related efforts like Gwent and Thronebreaker, CDPR don't release many games at all. They're kind of a one-game-every-six-years company. So presumably they were banking on Cyberpunk having a very long tail, sales-wise, in order to fund Witcher 4.

I think they're gonna have to shoot for a 'redemptive' PS5 and Series X version to do that. It'll be interesting to see how that turns out.

Last edited by wakka; 18-01-2021, 12:04.

Comment

Funnily enough, my copy arrived at the weekend (late Christmas present from the bro-in-law when he couldn't visit in person with the 8th Lockdown), and I'm still looking forward to playing it and exploring the kind of world I've been enjoying in films like Blade Runner 2069, Alita: Battle Angel and Ghost in the Shell.

Nothing can dampen my enthusiasm for this ambitious game!

Plus, I'll be really comfy when I play, sat on this lovely yellow gamer chair someone sent me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            Do they honestly expect last gen systems to hold up? Have they ever played last released PS3 or 360 games? They all suffered like this.
            Common sense told me this game would run like **** even on my One X which is why I upgraded to the Series X.
            Honestly Yakumo, sorry, but I can't disagree with you more.

I do expect them to hold up. The fact that similar things have happened in the past does not lessen how crap it is when it happens again. And if CDPR couldn't get it to work absolutely amazingly, they shouldn't have put it on the store for people to buy.

It's just wrong to even suggest that people who bought a PS4 game for their PS4 were foolish for expecting it to work perfectly.

Comment

It still makes me laugh how much expensive swag they sold ahead of the game's release. Imagine being sat there on your £500 Cyberpunk chair, using your special Cyberpunk Xbox, wearing your Cyberpunk hat to play your £400 collector's edition of the game on day 1. Then you realise, actually, it's not that good

Comment

Im guessing if someone had bought into the game that hard that they got all that swag they would probably be in full on stockholm syndrome about the game regardless. But yeah it would be a very hard pill to swallow, having a game that you looked forward to play like a dog is never fun.

Comment

Although the idea of it does make me laugh, I feel bad for anyone who was that disappointed. I remember getting Black Ops Declassified on Vita, which I had been really looking forward to so that I could spend my very long commute deathmatching.

I was going through a really stressful period in my life, and unfortunately it was quickly apparent that it was an utter turd. I was very upset and uncharacteristically nearly sent it spinning out the window

In the end I took it back to HMV and the staff kindly allowed me to return it for full store credit, after I gave them a made-up story about it being a gift for a friend who already had it.

I bet there are more than a few people who felt exactly the same way about Cyberpunk, even if they didn't buy the chair and the hat and the t-shirt and all the rest of it. Especially in the middle of a depressing winter lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    It still makes me laugh how much expensive swag they sold ahead of the game's release. Imagine being sat there on your £500 Cyberpunk chair, using your special Cyberpunk Xbox, wearing your Cyberpunk hat to play your £400 collector's edition of the game on day 1. Then you realise, actually, it's not that good
                    To be fair to them, a company totally co-opting and trying to own a term like 'cyberpunk' and then selling it back as a brand to kids in overpriced tat is very, very cyberpunk.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Im guessing if someone had bought into the game that hard that they got all that swag they would probably be in full on stockholm syndrome about the game regardless. But yeah it would be a very hard pill to swallow, having a game that you looked forward to play like a dog is never fun.
                      I was only partially invested in the hype, but even then I had the sense to look forward to it on a PC. Upgrading to an RTX3080 in the process. It plays great, too. A real grower once you start delving into the tech trees and equipment crafting.

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Whys cyberpunk going to be inferior on PS5?

Comment

Last gen consoles are more than capable. Its also a last gen game. Saying people are stupid to expect it to perform well on those machines is pompous.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                          Last gen consoles are more than capable. Its also a last gen game. Saying people are stupid to expect it to perform well on those machines is pompous.
                          We all knew they were trying to make this the biggest and best game ever so in my mind it was obvious they weren't going to target the older systems with as much care. Yes, it is ****ty but I knew that's what would happen and that's what did happen. Seen it before a million times.

Comment

As i kept repeating, cdpr games run like absolute dogs, even after “fixing”. They are one seriously poor company at optimisation and getting games to run at anywhere near an acceptable standards.

Cyberpunk takes the absolute piss however even by their standards.

Comment

I got into modding Witcher III over Christmas. It's amazing how much stuff needs tweaking on that to bring it up to the levels I'd deem being relative to the love the game gets.

Still, it's by no means down where Bethesda's games lie, not that that's any excuse.

Who needs to respect the developer's 'vision' anyway when you can opt for t3+ c4viLL:

Comment

Saw another update for this pop up. Checked the notes and it's very basic fixes. Long way to go yet before I play it.

Comment

Working...
                                X