Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    Saw another update for this pop up. Checked the notes and it's very basic fixes. Long way to go yet before I play it.
    Still runs like a dogs dinner on the one x with this latest 1.1 patch. Draw in issues, choppy framerate and different bugs than before, now introduced.

Comment

Seems a lot better to me. Getting a solid 60fps with settings on high @ 1440p

Comment

Hasn't made any difference to frame rates on my PC, still 45-60 fps depending on area/activity. Didn't run into any crash issues or any other problems in a 90 minute stint doing side quests (running a second playthrough on StreetKid atm).

Comment

Apparently the new patch has introduced a new game breaking bug. Brilliantly well done hob there cdpr.

Comment

I've not had the time to check the new update yet. Sometimes it'd dip to 60fps when driving at speed through the dense underpass networks in the heart of the city. That's probably the only noticeable metric I could check.

Comment

I was going to return and see what they'd fixed but I think I'll stay away a bit longer. I might actually hold off until they drop the next gen patch...

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Apparently the new patch has introduced a new game breaking bug. Brilliantly well done hob there cdpr.
                This -

There is a work around in the article, if it helps

Comment

Another big patch. Fixes alot of stuff but still nothing that matters, like just driving away from the cops.

Comment

Yeah i wonder how many of the fixes are really just superficial ones and the problems like with AI need much more than that

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Another big patch. Fixes alot of stuff but still nothing that matters, like just driving away from the cops.
                      Fix cops by spawning them further away. Done.

The patch is 29GB on PC, still waiting for it to complete to see if it makes much difference to performance; it looks like there's a lot of stuff in there that fixes a lot of the glitches, but I can't say (as long as that list is) that they impacted my playthrough (96 hours recorded on Steam). I did see the V getting stuck in combat mode glitch, clipping, characters standing up/down and stuck with their arms out, so it was mostly just open world things rather than any quest breaking stuff.

I did start a second playthrough with the StreetKid path, but have not progressed it to the second act yet, so I will play a bit more with 1.2 to see if it's much of a game changer, though it doesn't really look like they've made any major changes to game systems in it.

From what I've seen streamwise, it still looks like last gen consoles are struggling to maintain 30 FPS in all cases, with dips to around 23/24 FPS where there's a lot of stuff going on - better than it was and does at least look half playable, but it still needs more work.

Edit: Played now and there's zero performance difference on my PC, averages 45 FPS at 1080P on high settings with a GTX 1080 and Ryzen R7 5800X.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 30-03-2021, 07:52.

Comment

Probably less work and more beneficial just to make Cyberpunk 2078 now

Comment

If anyone still cares about this title, patch 1.23 is out now. There's a list of quest fixes and other bits and pieces, but there are some items under performance, namely:

Stability and performance

* Numerous crash fixes in animations, UI, scene, physics and gameplay systems.
                          * Memory optimizations and memory management improvements in various systems (reducing the number of crashes).
                          * Various console CPU optimizations.
                          * Memory and I/O improvement leading to fewer instances of NPCs with identical appearances spawning in the same area, and to improved streaming.

I haven't downloaded it yet to check framerates, but I'm not really expecting to see anything dramatic, otherwise it might have got some attention across the various YT/media sites. The patch is 1.5GB on PC.

Edit: Zero difference to framerates, at least on my rig.
                          Last edited by MartyG; 17-06-2021, 19:31.

Comment

But where's the creator kit?

Comment

Neve mind that. Where is the true Series X and PS5 patch? That what I'm waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                Neve mind that. Where is the true Series X and PS5 patch? That what I'm waiting for.
                                Coming to a retail store nov for low low price of £70, mainly so Sony can’t suddenly yank it when the new version is a bug ridden mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X