Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I personally feel that the devs would not want to miss the Christmas window as it is a game that will be on everyone’s Christmas list - from a sales perspective.

The game will sell regardless, due to the hype and general promotion in the lead up to its release. But as ambitious as the title is, it is ‘too big to fail’. Famous last words, perhaps, but the game has so much going for it, the appeal from all aspects that it offers (sound, visual, game play, community) the dev really don’t want to miss Christmas sales window.

Comment

This statement basically confirms CDPR failed console certification;

I guess this is the major reason for the delay? More info here http://biznes.pap.pl/en/news/all/info/2997307,highlights:-cd-projekt-video-games-on-cyberpunk-2077-delay

ABOUT THE DELAY: "This situation is different" compared to previous changes to the deadline - the game for PC is ready and plays well on next-gen consoles and the company is finalizing the process concerning current gen consoles.

Comment

CDPR have released footage of One X and Series X gameplay, its safe to say it will probably very similar if not the same for PS4 Pro and PS5.

Check out #Cyberpunk2077 in action on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X!Cyberpunk 2077, an open-world, action-adventure story from CD PROJEKT RED, is coming to Xb...

Have to say looks bloody good, especially the Series X footage they show. Though will be interesting to see what it looks like on base Xbox and PS4. Its also worth noting this is before the next gen up date coming next year.

Comment

Glad I watched that, I feel it set my expectations of it nicely. Concerns wise I was worried about the driving and combat as I'm in the camp that has always found Witchers combat gameplay to be weak but this looks considered and solid. The game looks nice as well but I don't have inflated expectations either as it's very obviously a current gen game from the ground up despite how good it looks. It will be interesting to see the PC version running at some point given the next-gen upgrades clearly aren't in place in that demo on Series X. But, I'm glad to see it running and think we could still have a GOTY contender in the years closing moments.

Comment

That is looking mighty impressive. The Series X footage is amazing. Hope the PS5 delivers something close to that.

Comment

Should easily, apparently CDProjekt have already confirmed that the Series X footage is just the Xbox One version running on Series X via backwards compatibility so there's nothing complex going on in that footage in terms of pushing the next-gen machines.

Comment

Unless! The PS versions are not as good hence why they showing Xbox. I hope not. I hope there is amazing parity. I'll be getting for PS4.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    Unless! The PS versions are not as good hence why they showing Xbox. I hope not. I hope there is amazing parity. I'll be getting for PS4.
                    Even if the ps4 version runs worse (which it will) the horsepower of the PS5 will run it no problem.
                    I think it's that MS have a bit more of a deal going with CDPR (the cyberpunk console) so they are showing it on the MS consoles.

Comment

I really don't like this deal to make it better on one system over the offer business.

Comment

They won't be deliberately making it better on one system over the other (unless you count a code in the box for a free bonus gun or something, which maybe they will do idk). They are just promoting it on one system over the other. Like how all CoD advertising always spotlights the PS version and barely mentions Xbox.

It looks good, looks nice. Like Neon said, it keeps expectations in check for me. It is very much a last gen game and that's totally cool. I'm really looking forward to playing it, but not sure if I'll hold off for patches

Comment

I think MS will make sure Bethesda games are better on Xbox.

Comment

They will definitely develop for Xbox first and port to PS5 - combined with the fact that the Series X is more powerful than the PS5, I reckon it will probably run a bit better as a result. But I don't think they'll be deliberately crippling it on the PS5, and any substantive advantages given to the Xbox will be more in the form of content (exclusive DLC etc) and/or release timing.

Releasing a deliberately undercooked PS5 version would beg the question of why they are bothering to release it on both platforms in the first place anyway. Ultimately they will want Bethesda games on PS5 to be a good experience, so that people buy them and then, on the strength of their positive experience playing them, buy more of them in the future.
                            Last edited by wakka; 17-11-2020, 20:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              Should easily, apparently CDProjekt have already confirmed that the Series X footage is just the Xbox One version running on Series X via backwards compatibility so there's nothing complex going on in that footage in terms of pushing the next-gen machines.
                              I was about to ask this. That's it just running with no extra bells and whistles right as they're not working on the upgrade till next year. I have to say, the One X looks decent but the Series X looks amazing even as it is now.

Comment

Hopefully the NPC density is increased for the PC version.

That's kind of guaranteed really, if TW3 is anything to go off.

For the first time since Oblivion I'm going to go with a stealth-type character, just so that I can creep around and admire textures. I'll go for more hyper builds on repeat plays.

Comment

Working...
                                X