Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyberpunk 2077

Today CD Projekt will be revealing the next game they'll be releasing following the Enhanced Edition of Witcher 2. Contrary to rumours, they will not be releasing a console version of Witcher 1. This will be an original franchise from the developer for which they have released one teaser piece of artwork:

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 26-05-2015, 14:58.

Judging by the artwork, it'll be a sci-fi or maybe a cyberpunk RPG. Makes me happy.

Comment

Or a Tetris clone.

Comment

Its been revealed as Cyberpunk.

Details on Eurogamer today.

The Witcher developer CD Projekt has lifted the lid on its new AAA RPG - it's a videogame version of Mike Pondsmith's c…

Comment

I wonder if that name will stick, I'd imagine that a publisher won't want to take a series on if they can't trademark the name, which I'd imagine they would struggle to do with "Cyberpunk"

Comment

I wonder if Mike Pondsmith 'invented' the term cyberpunk?

Fake edit: apparently William Gibsons novel Neuromancer was the kicker for it to be used as a term or genre.

Comment

Of course Cyberpunk is most commonly related to the Billy Idol album of the same name.

Ahem.

Comment

I'm glad they chose to name it Cyberpunk, the concept image was far too subtle.

Comment

F*** yeah! This has turned out even better than I could have imagined. Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk 2020 as a video game. Hopefully it will also have that classic 80's/early 90's cyberpunk aesthetic.

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                  Of course Cyberpunk is most commonly related to the Billy Idol album of the same name.

Ahem.
                  I like Billy Idol's Cyberpunk! Some solid pop/rock/techno/punk songs there.

Comment

I've not heard of the original pen and paper game but I'm always up for some cyberpunk action.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                      F*** yeah! This has turned out even better than I could have imagined. Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk 2020 as a video game. Hopefully it will also have that classic 80's/early 90's cyberpunk aesthetic.

I like Billy Idol's Cyberpunk! Some solid pop/rock/techno/punk songs there.
                      Yeah agreed, an album that really needs to be reassessed. None of my friends believe me though

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                        I've not heard of the original pen and paper game but I'm always up for some cyberpunk action.

It was a big thing in the late 80's/early 90's in table-top RPGs. It was really something else after games like Dungeons & Dragons. Dark, gritty, cool (infact there's a stat for how "cool" your character is) deadly. Instead of barbarians and wizards there are Rockerboys (musician-rebels), Nomads (Mad Max), Solos (cybered-up assassins) and Netrunners (virtual reality hackers) to name a few. It was my first introduction to the cyberpunk genre and I've loved it since then when I read the book back in the elementary school.
                        Last edited by Guts; 31-05-2012, 11:06.

Comment

Awesome would love a good Cyberpunk game.

Guts,

That sounds sweet that version
                          I did dabble very lightly in Shadowrun as a kid but haven't touched it since.
                          My brother runs a gaming club & they currently play Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader but I may see if I can get any love for some Shadowrun going again now...been too long

Neil

Comment

Yeah, I haven't really played table-tops either since I was a teen, would be nice to do that someday with a good group.

With this game, Kickstarter Shadowrun and games like Deus Ex 3 and Syndicate it seems like cyberpunk is alive and well (at least in video game world) after a bit of a hiatus.
                            Last edited by Guts; 31-05-2012, 11:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                              Yeah, I haven't really played table-tops either since I was a teen, would be nice to do that someday with a good group.

With this game, Kickstarter Shadowrun and games like Deus Ex 3 and Syndicate it seems like cyberpunk is alive and well (at least in video game world) after a bit of a hiatus.
                              Yep you & me both I was a teen player but stopped when my friends started to move onto other things.
                              My brother still regularly plays 40k, Heroclix & Rogue Trader (which does look pretty sweet) so I may try to have a few weeks down his club & see how I get on.
                              Like you said just a shame that people aren't that interested

I take it your a bit far from Basildon to hook up for some games?

I love the old Cyberpunk games from the 90's.
                              Used to enjoy playing them on the Amiga & my early PC gaming was built around games like Bloodnet, Dreamweb & Syndicate

About time we had some new blood in the genre

Neil

Comment

Working...
                              X