No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely. It's a very common thing in cyberpunk and ties into the whole body modification and enhancements thing on the physical level and the search for identity on a mental/emotional level. It's in the core of the genre and obviously now we see it play out in modern society. If I were to name things we live now that are totally cyberpunk, that would be up there with self-service checkouts taking jobs from humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Absolutely. It's a very common thing in cyberpunk and ties into the whole body modification and enhancements thing on the physical level and the search for identity on a mental/emotional level. It's in the core of the genre and obviously now we see it play out in modern society. If I were to name things we live now that are totally cyberpunk, that would be up there with self-service checkouts taking jobs from humans.
      The two things for me are...

1) Recently, there was a headline after one of Amazon's staff made a statement that "Amazon will always need to employ humans".
      2) The presence of semi virtual music acts like "K/D/A", which remind me of Sharon Apple from Macross Plus.

Both of these things feel straight out of a cyberpunk movie.

Comment

how cyberpunk am I?

Comment

What am I looking at? Is it that thing on the left, between your thumb and your finger? Are you microchipped?

Comment

yea its an RFID implant (like a pet chip) I have two. The one in my right hand has my contact details etc in it. The one in my left hand is a clone of my work pass, so I can open doors etc.

You tell em Mr Reeves

Last edited by huxley; 15-06-2019, 15:24.

Comment

Was the work-related mandatory? Can I actually ask what you do for work without being listed in some shady government watchlist?

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                yea its an RFID implant (like a pet chip) I have two. The one in my right hand has my contact details etc in it. The one in my left hand is a clone of my work pass, so I can open doors etc.
                That's definitely cyberpunk.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  Was the work-related mandatory? Can I actually ask what you do for work without being listed in some shady government watchlist?
                  Lol no I did it my self, cloning 433mhz rfid tags is easy. I work in admin

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                    Lol no I did it my self, cloning 433mhz rfid tags is easy. I work in admin
                    And you put it in to your own hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      And you put it in to your own hand?
                      Yup - I got advice first, have a google. Sorry I appear to of sidetracked this thread sooooooooo……….

Has any guarantee been made that this wont be made an exclusive of any single store? Epic etc

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                        Was the work-related mandatory?
                        Not an American business then I remember a story about this years ago; businesses can't mandate that kind of stuff because the Christian Right go beserk. Apparently there's stuff in Revelation about it.

Comment

Stories like this piss me off more then they probably should. There seems to be a constant clambering to cram as much **** in to every game. If they had multiplayer in mind during development that would be fine, but I suspect its the Internet/shareholders barking for multiplayer just so the game will appeal to the Battle Royale crowd.
                          Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer isn't out of the question for CD Projekt Red, but it would have to be post-launch DLC

Comment

Looks like you’re going to need to clean up some space on the HDD... around 80GB!

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/...b_installation

Comment

If it can’t come on four floppies, it’s not cyberpunk.

Comment

Well, back in 1995, Johnny Mnemonic could hold 80 GB of data, and twice as much if he used a compression unit.

I'd say it's very cyberpunk!

Comment

Working...
                                X