• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a grower.

Comment

That's what she said...

Comment

Listening to the Olympics tune now. Love Muse. First impressions... It's no better no worse than what i would expect, to be honest. I couldnt imagine Muse doing anything different for the Olympics, and, funnily enough, this is what they have done! Definitely not going on my playlist but i would have never expected it to.
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

There is still a question mark as to whether or not it was actually written as an olympic song or not, they said they were approached a year or so ago to write one, but it never got finished. Then they got asked to perform at the closing ceremony and the people chose survival to be the official song. It's on the album too and given how they've always released plenty of non-album material, I can't imagine it being on there for fear of it not fitting in, unless it was intended to be there with the rest.

Comment

That's cool to know. In any case, this is a perfectly acceptable Muse song in my opinion. It isnt miles away from their previous works, not as much as others seem to suggest.
            ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

It's not that far off united states of Eurasia vocally or butterflies and hurricanes thematically.

Butterflies and Hurricanes would of been just as much of a good olympic song really

Comment

My fave Muse song is still Sunburn. I'm a dinosaur.

That new song posted a couple of pages back was very close to good. Some crappy production choices dragged it down for me.

Comment

I basically like anything I can sing along with.

Comment

New Single Madness. Don't know how long it will last as others were being pulled.
                    Last edited by Family Fry; 20-08-2012, 21:15.

Comment

I like!

Comment

Not for me this one, it's possibly passable as an album track but it's not going to build hype for the new album. Almost puts me to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                          Not for me this one, it's possibly passable as an album track but it's not going to build hype for the new album. Almost puts me to sleep.
                          I found it pretty tedious at first too, but upon further listenings I think you begin to appreciate the climactic (using that word cautiously) end that the song has been building up to. I'm not too sure about the lyrics, but frankly, when has Muse ever been good with lyrics? As long as it's not Neutron Star Collision levels of cheese, I think I'm okay with whatever words they fit to their music.

Comment

Halfway through the new album. Love it so far!!! Even the olympic song doesn't sound so bad when it's mixed in with the rest. The two singles are so far easily the worst tracks on there.

edit: Stream it here:

Comment

As much as I love the opening bond esque track I think Unsustainable would make a better opener than it does a closer to the album.
                              I must say Liquid State really does sound like a foo fighters song, maybe cause Matt isn't on vocals the sound is obviously different.

Comment

Listened to this for 5 hours today in the car. Thanks weather.

1. "Supremacy" Love! It would literally be a perfect Bond song. My fave on the album
                                2. "Madness" super catchy this one anyone, has definitely grown on me.
                                3. "Panic Station" Even Catchier, really love it. Weird 80's throwback pop song.
                                4. "Prelude"
                                5. "Survival" The one that sounds the closest to the last album, I love this one too.
                                6. "Follow Me" I remember this as the dub step one, not sure on this yet.
                                7. "Animals" I don't really like this one, maybe needs more time.
                                8. "Explorers" Typical Classical Muse
                                9. "Big Freeze" Nkt too bad this one, at least you can sing along.
                                10. "Save Me" Awful.
                                11. "Liquid State" Sounds good until the singing starts and then it sounds like it could be anyone.
                                12. "The 2nd Law: Unsustainable" Crazy Epic Sci Fi Muse
                                13. "The 2nd Law: Isolated System" The track was too long so they split it in 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X