No announcement yet.

MUSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely the least sounding muse album muse have made, great if your not a muse fan I suppose.
    Some tracks are good but there's simply not enough of the good, colour me a wee bit disappointed

Comment

I agree with Fry. Bands never know when to quit. IMO everything up to and including The Resistance was superb. EVERYTHING since has been weak, including everything on this album. It all started with that stupid song for the twilight movie.

I'm actually possibly not going to buy this album.

It happens though. Think about the awesomeness of Bowie and then think of Tin Machine. WTF!? If only they knew when to stop...

Roll on me being 55 when Muse do their Origin of Symmetry tour and we put this whole sorry episode behind us.

Comment

There ain't nothing wrong with Neutron star Collision!
        I've listened to another 8 or so hours of this and a few of the songs have really grown on me. Follow me and Explorers in particar.

I think they have set the expectations wrong by releasing Survival and Unsustainable. If the whole album was I'm that vein I would be happier.
        I really don't like the 2 Bassist songs, They don't belong. Also, animals sounds like a Radiohead song.

Comment

So, 5 tracks have now been released

Dead Inside

Psycho

I was very much enjoying these ones then it takes a bit of a dive with :

Mercy

Then after a bit of a stinker
          Reapers pops out of nowhere! No we are talking

Reapers

Then we strike gold and I'm getting really retro muse vibes.
          The Handler

Basically, if you are a muse fan that only likes 15% of their output (i.e. the first 2 albums) Maybe skip straight to Reapers and the Handler

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post

Basically, if you are a muse fan that only likes 15% of their output (i.e. the first 2 albums) Maybe skip straight to Reapers and the Handler
            That's me, right there!

I hope they do a rrrockin' set at Download a week on Saturday! Gonna get my mosh on!

Comment

I just hope that it goes ahead!

Comment

Why wouldn't it?! :SCARED:

Comment

They sound great, by the way, thanks.

Maybe Matt Bellamy got a new distortion pedal to replace the one he seemingly lost on the last two albums!

Comment

GREAT HAIR (transplant)

Comment

He's always had awful hair.

Comment

Nah, the bass player. Oh well, if you've bought it, flaunt it! I like that he didn't go for the subtle Wayne Rooney/James Nesbit look, opting instead for a floppy schoolboy fringe he probably hasn't had for 20 years.

Comment

Another Song today, this one ain't as good

Comment

Whole album has leaked now

Comment

It's the lyrics. They're just awful, on every single track. I think it might be worse because I can read them on the video but so far I'm not feeling this at all. I thought 2nd Law would be their low point (which I actually listened to the other day and quite enjoyed - I'd basically just forgotten about it at the time) but I don't know now.

Comment

They've always been dodgy lyrically, I never used to mind when the music was good though.

Comment

Working...
                                X