MUSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MUSE

When the vid started I was well chuffed, not by the end though. Hopefully the album isn't all like that

Comment

I think they're trolling us but they are a progressive band. We aren't going to get another origin of symmetry. Wouldn't surprise me to hear ideas taken from Dubstep and incorporated into sounds on the new album though. My expectations are low though. So far they have never failed me and that's a lot of amazing albums. They surely must stumble.

Comment

That was awful. Hope it's a troll job.

Comment

I liked the first bit, second bit just hurt my soul. I was hoping that they'd go back to basics\origin with this album, but I guess not.

Comment

So weird, I was literally thinking today it's been 4 years since the last album.

Start was definitely had the hints of Muse in there, can't say I thought much of the 2nd bit, it could just be from 1 track though and they've put it in to grab attention. They becoming progressively more popular and garner more media attention with each album, so this may just be a troll job as they said.

Comment

Originally posted by Wikipedia
              In an interview with Kerrang! on 14 December 2011, Wolstenholme stated that the next Muse album would be "something radically different" from their prior releases. He also said that it felt as if the band were "drawing a line under a certain period" of their career with their sixth album.[97]

It was revealed via Muse's publicist Tom Kirk on his Twitter account that composer David Campbell who had worked with acts such as Radiohead, Paul McCartney, Beck and Adele was helping Matt Bellamy compose the album.[98]

In an interview in the April 2012 issue of NME, Bellamy said that the band were set to include elements of electronic music, with influences coming from acts such as French house duo Justice, as well as the inclusion of brass players.
              Pffft...

I used to really love Muse, but I just could not get into 'The Resistance'. The only track that rocked was "Unnatural Selection" and even that's got a 5 minute organ solo to kill any momentum!

The signs aren't good that 'The 2nd Law' will have Matt Bellamy dusting off his guitars any time soon.

Comment

If all those acts are involved in the final track list it's going to be a pretty random album unless they really manage to pull it together with the Muse-esque elements. I prefer the first half of their career but don't mind the more recent albums either so it'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Comment

I love Muse, I really do. I must listen to 2 hours of Muse album every working day.

Comment

I don't get it. Is it some sort of attempt to trick a wider audience into buying the album? Same thing with http://reginaspektor.com/ << All the Rowboats track is really out there and emotional and more importantly will appeal to people that haven't got into her before so to speak. But rest of the album is same old same old.

Comment

Just Marketing isn't it?

I'm sure we've all had the moment when we've heard a single only to find out after we've bought it that the rest of the album is pish.

Comment

I really loved Muse but they just seem to get bigger and "emptier" with each record trying to be more grandiose than the last and Matt Bellamy not really having much to say. It's a shame that some of their more interesting material is relegated to B-sides (e.g The Groove). I like the idea of a departure from their sound but "going dubstep" would be a disappointing direction.

Comment

Muse : Survival, the Official Olympic song.
                          More Queen-esque craziness, people aren't taking well to it, I suspect they didn't get as far as the epic Muse wailing and guitars later on.

I always envisioned Muse doing the Bond theme one day, not the olympics.
                          Last edited by EvilBoris; 28-06-2012, 16:29.

Comment

I was tired of Muse by the time The Resistance came out. The Twilight connection wasn't helping, either. Now the Olympics? Just **** off already.

Comment

This is just a marketing excercise that has worked in Muses favour ,it's been carefully cobbled together to tick a bunch of boxes for the Olympics.

It won't be an album track, they just lucked out that it got chosen

Comment

Working...
                              X