Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dubstep track leakage.

Comment

Didn't really get me going. Just as you are getting dragged in to one section, it switches styles.

Comment

Would have been ok if it wasn't for the dubstep sections, which sound utterly dreadful in my opinion! Impressive it's all done with proper instruments but it still sounds rubbish.

Comment

Bit of a mess really. The bits with Bellamy singing were good but the electronic parts just felt like they'd dropped something they'd cobbled together into the track to give it some identity beyond "generic Muse template". The newsreader segments were a bit tacky and juvenile too. Can't help but feel that they'd do a lot better if they went lower key and focused on some compact, "tight" songs instead of trying to go over the top every time.

Comment

I don't think I've posted it already but this is the tracklisting

Unsustainable is the only "dubstep" song on the album, so if the rest of the album is in the vein of Survival and the non-dub step bits of Unsustainable, then I'll be happy. The very cynical part of me thinks that the intro to that track was dragged out to be used in adverts and trailers and whatnot for some sweet royalty monies, it was very filmic.
            As it seems like the two 2nd law tracks are the very thematic songs as they are talking about the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

'Supremacy'
            'Madness'
            'Panic Station'
            'Prelude'
            'Survival'
            'Follow Me'
            'Animals'
            'Explorers'
            'Big Freeze'
            'Save Me'
            'Liquid State'
            'The 2nd Law: Unsustainable'
            'The 2nd Law: Isolated System'

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
              Dubstep track leakage.

That, is utter ****.

Comment

I like it. It's. It really isn't dubstep at all, just has some noises that the dubtards use a fair bit.

Comment

That Olympic song is almost the worst pile of ****e I've ever heard. Radiohead Kid A still pips it.

Comment

I love it!

Comment

Yeah this page is just filled with pure Muse fail... they've been turd ever since the resistance IMHO. What happened to them I can understand not wanting to sound the same all the time, but they just keep getting worse and worse. They've done one of my favourite albums ever(Origin of Symmetry), but I just couldn't get into the Resistance at all, and judging by that track above they're getting even worse.

And that Olympics song...what the f**k. Awful.

Comment

I've always found Muse rather toungue-in-cheek to be honest. If your a massive fan I'm not sure how this "new" direction is a shock to you.

They started off getting heavier and heavier, peaking with "Origin" and then bombing with the truely awful and way OOT "Absolution". They chceked themselves back in, smartened and tightned up and really where reiging in some of thier excesses on "Black Holes", which was great (when the last track "Knights" kicked in, you didn't mind because they really had pulled back, but you just though, yeah go for it, 6 minutes have a blast).

"Resistance" was also a great and more experiemental approach to the Muse sound, and I can see how this new track and potential LP stirs up a bit of interest again.

I would of hated them to make another "Absolution", as some of you really wanted another "Orgins", you already had that with "Absolution" and it was crap.

Comment

The thing I like about Muse is that you can always hear elements of newer stuff in their older stuff. I think Resistance is my least favourite one, but it still has some cracking tracks.

"Uprising" "Resistance" "United States of Eurasia" "Unnatural Selection" "MK Ultra"
                          Those make up 50% of the album, that's a pretty good hit rate for me! I'd actually say that I could only name about 4 from say Origin of Symmetry that I like as much/more than that.
                          I think Absolution and Black holes are absolutely fantastic too. I love it all!

Lets listen to a few of their best hidden gems to lighten the mood in here.

Last edited by EvilBoris; 11-08-2012, 13:11.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
                            I've always found Muse rather toungue-in-cheek to be honest. If your a massive fan I'm not sure how this "new" direction is a shock to you.

They started off getting heavier and heavier, peaking with "Origin" and then bombing with the truely awful and way OOT "Absolution". They chceked themselves back in, smartened and tightned up and really where reiging in some of thier excesses on "Black Holes", which was great (when the last track "Knights" kicked in, you didn't mind because they really had pulled back, but you just though, yeah go for it, 6 minutes have a blast).

"Resistance" was also a great and more experiemental approach to the Muse sound, and I can see how this new track and potential LP stirs up a bit of interest again.

I would of hated them to make another "Absolution", as some of you really wanted another "Orgins", you already had that with "Absolution" and it was crap.
                            Well then there's where we totally disagree. I like most of absolution, where it's not as good as Origins, it still has a lot of good tracks on it.

Plus, I wouldn't say it's a "shock" as you put it, more of a disappointment. I haven't been a "massive" Muse fan for years because I don't like their output of the last few years. Not everyone can like the direction a band heads in, and for me, I definitely don't like where they're heading.
                            Last edited by Synthesthesia; 11-08-2012, 15:07.

Comment

Well I'm looking forward to seeing them at the closing ceremony tommorow, even if noone else is.

I'm gonna WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Comment

The Olympic tune is embarrassingly bad. I like or love everything else they've ever recorded though

Comment

Working...
                                X