No announcement yet.

Synthesizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to learn how to use my DS/3DS Korgs properly. Any tips/books/sites?

Comment

Books on synthesis or DS-10 software? I'd say explore what the controls are doing to the sound, but I guess it might be a good idea to learn some of the basics before hand. However, if you already have a basic grasp of oscillators, filters, modulation with LFOs, envelopes, then exploration is the way. Otherwise get on YouTube to learn the basics. It's not very rocket sciency to be honest.

Comment

More info on those PO synths. Want! http://createdigitalmusic.com/2015/0...e-engineering/

Comment

They do seem great. In terms of the world of synths too, they're a good price. And yet beyond the world of synths and in the regular world of food and toilet roll, I don't think I could spend $60 a pop on these dinky little things, as fun as they look. They're totally gorgeous though.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            Books on synthesis or DS-10 software? I'd say explore what the controls are doing to the sound, but I guess it might be a good idea to learn some of the basics before hand. However, if you already have a basic grasp of oscillators, filters, modulation with LFOs, envelopes, then exploration is the way. Otherwise get on YouTube to learn the basics. It's not very rocket sciency to be honest.
            I have DS-10, DS-10+ and DSN-12. I've played around a little but a more constructive guide/demonstration would benefit me I imagine. It's another side thing for between terms though, so I'm not in a rush to do anything.

Comment

Working...
            X