Ofsted & Schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
    I understand. A friend told me some schools have an average ofsted because the kids get a lot of attention/development at home, therefore need less 'development' at school. This means some ofsted reports are skewed by the fact the school is bringing the kids further because they aren't getting certain things from home life.

I spoke to my uncle in law today who is a retired secondary school teacher. He said when he left the percentage for exams went from 47% to 71%. He went on to say you would think that is because the kids have been taught better and therefore achieved better results but in fact subjects were changed, pupils were taught to the question rather then curriculum and some good, useful but hard subjects were dropped in favour for stat increasing subjects.

Your right. Most decisions in my life I have based of feeling and I thought this time as my child future is involved I must try and get into the figures, stats etc etc. But still it comes back to the good old gut.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

BTW, your school is South East as in Oxfordshire?
    Berkshire. The entire Ofsted process is a game, they keep changing it, schools keep trying to catch up. No one will ever really be happy!

Comment

Working...
    X