Hellboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellboy

Guillermo Del Toro has said that the third Hellboy film is now being lined up and all parties involved are now trying to pull it together. The film is staying as was originally suggested, a closing act to a trilogy with Hellboy finally having to face his destiny.

"?The [first] two movies were really set up to have this unbelievable resolve,? said Perlman. ?Everything that was done in both movies was leading up to this destiny, written in stone, of what Hellboy has been summoned to Earth to do. To
    not
    do it, particularly in light of the scope that Guillermo is thinking of for the resolve, would be in my mind a little bit of a shame.?"
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 27-09-2018, 07:17.

I so hope this achieves fruition!

David Hyde-Pierce back on vocal duties for Abe Sapien, though - "Actual Abe", who did him in the 2nd, simply didn't have the vocals, needs to be a Prowse/Earl Jones type of affair.

Comment

Another trilogy?

Why do they insist on making things that should have a persistent feel to them a trilogy?

Oh well, maybe they will make a BRPD film afterwards.

Comment

Mike Mignola shoots down that the final film is being worked on

In an interview about the recent “Hellboy In Hell” comic arc, “Hellboy” creator Mike Mignola says that there are presently no plans to bring back “Hellboy” to the big screen. Mignola had a co-executive producer credit on the first two movies which were helmed by Guillermo del Toro. Previously, both del Toro and actor Ron […]

Comment

^Tad scant, dontcha think?

(Ever the foolish eternal optimist, me).

Comment

Murmurings of a third “Hellboy” movie have been running around online for a few months now, with last week’s Comic-Con only acting as a booster for the talk. Those involved from filmmaker Guillermo del Toro to actor Ron Perlman want to do it, the trouble is there isn’t many people ready to offer them the […]

Del Toro has said that chances of a final Hellboy now rest on the performance of Pacific Rim 2. The upcoming PR2 is also why Del Toro has dropped his Justice League Dark project

Comment

Lionsgate has delayed its upcoming “Hellboy” reboot by three months, pushing it back from a January 11th to an April 2019 release. The move is not unexpected considering the film has yet to release any publicity material beyond two in production photos of star David Harbour in character. It now opens one week after “Shazam” […]

Hellboy has been delayed by three months to now open in April 2019

Comment

I really liked the first two films, hopefully they don’t mess up with the concluding chapter, it’s taken long enough.

Comment

Wait, is this a concluding chapter? I thought it was a new reboot.

Comment

It is.

A reboot, I mean. Unless someone knows any different?

Comment

Nope, it's a complete reboot, no connection at all to the Perlman entries

Comment

First poster:

Comment

Hopefully we’ll be seeing the first trailer for the upcoming “Hellboy” reboot this weekend with the movie set to have a panel at New York Comic Con on Saturday where it’s expected the first footage will premiere. Speaking with Deadline ahead of that, comics creator Mike Mignola was asked about the film and answered one […]

Mike Mignola has said that the team behind this film went back on forth on whether to make it a reboot or Hellboy III but ultimately chose reboot because they felt a new film needed a fresh take on the franchise and this new incarnation is darker, more horror themed with the Del-Toro aspects stripped out. Mignola feels the new incarnation strays incredibly close to the comics.

Comment

Tbh, it feels like it's gonna be OK. Ten years since I saw last one at flix so it seems like a wise move, bet Perlman must be pushing 70 now, can't subject him to full prostheses at that age, jeezis H. cripez...

Comment

Yeah, I'm right, 68 and a half in Nov. They really should've struck while the iron was hot with the first two but it ran away. They were beautiful, even the second,though the lack of Niles Crane voice jarred.

They were lovely, just lovely. First is the best Raiders Of The Lost Ark movie that wasn't Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

Ron Perlman is 68 and Silent Hills died inbetween and even that was years ago now.

Long live the new flesh.

Comment

Working...
                              X