Toki to Towa (Time and Eternity) [PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toki to Towa (Time and Eternity) [PS3]

Imageepoch announced this game months ago, showing off in-game or cutscene stills and revealing only small details with every new batch of screenshots or character art.
    So far the main selling point of the game was that it mixed fully 3D environments with animated sprites, drawn in anime style and full HD glory.

Essentially bringing back the Saturn/PS1 days but at a higher resolution.

Never got my hopes high but many were excited about this release, with others waiting to see the game in motion and know more about the mechanics involved. So, yeah, between the first announcement and today a lot of things have been shown, including a manga and the news that Imageepoch is searching partners for an international release, but no trailer.

Well, here's the first trailer:

And many expectations were shattered due to awkward and choppy animations...and surprise surprise it's an incredibly standard JRPG with what seem dating sim elements.

Story goes that Toki (the red haired girl) is marrying a guy but the poor chap gets stabbed, so she winds back time to save him. Toki can switch to her alter-ego Towa for a different set of attacks during battles and if you like your girls blonde rather than red.

Game is scheduled for October, 11 in Japan.
    Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 20-07-2012, 06:13. Reason: added release date

Actual game elements shown: -1

Comment

An other glimpse of the battle system. Animations are better than I remembered.

Comment

Battles once again, this time starring Towa.

Every time I see the game moving I change my opinion if it looks good or not.

Comment

Supporting cast trailer

Comment

Imageepoch continues to promote Toki to Towa with story and character trailers, keeping the actual game to a minimum...hopefully this won't bite them back when the game comes out.

They also released a sneak peek at the soundtrack.

Comment

What's the best way to promote an upcoming videogame? In-game videos? Featurettes? Trailers? No, it's a Flash minigame with the main heroine in a steamy shower.
              It's also possible to link it to a Twitter account to get a help removing the steam.

Comment

There's a chance that the game will see a western release under the name of Time and Eternity: Namco Bandai just registered the name.

Comment

Thanks for the info and detailed thread. I will keep an eye out for this as looks like something different from the norm!

Comment

You can find the review thread in the First Play forum.

Comment

Proving me wrong, the not-exactly-stellar JRPG Toki to Towa is going to be localised by NISA and distributed by NamcoBandai. It will be released during this summer at 49.99$, retail or digital.
                      Trailer @ Siliconera.

Comment

The idea is interesting but seems meh. Too bad. Might get it of course. Most likely the Japanese voice acting will be retained. English simple doesn't suit these kinds of games.

Comment

I've got a review thread in the import game forum. It's even worse than meh.

Comment

NISA announced the limited edition of Time and Eternity, exactly the same as the Japanese limited, only with an extra poster.

Comment

Its on amazon uk now for pre

Comment

Working...
                              X