Masters of the Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masters of the Universe

Jon M. Chu (“G.I. Joe: Retaliation,” “Step Up 2: The Streets”) has just begun talks to helm a new live-action take on the classic He-Man Mattel toy line “Masters Of The Universe” at Sony Pictures and Escape Artists says Deadline. The toys and famous cartoon series follows He-Man, a prince who transforms into a warrior […]

Jon Chu, director of Step Up 2 and GI Joe: Retaliation, is lining up a new version of Masters of the Universe, a live action film of the He-Man series.

Hmm. Not much hope for this with that director.

Would like to see Willem Dafoe as Skeletor, though.

Comment

Bay should direct LOL

Comment

Needs Orko.

Comment

“To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” and the upcoming “Charlie’s Angels” reboot star Noah Centineo has confirmed a rumored report from last month that he’s going to play He-Man in the upcoming live-action “Masters of the Universe” reboot at Mattel Films and Sony Pictures. Appearing on The Tonight Show last night, host Jimmy Kimmel […]

Noah Centineo has apparently been cast as He-Man. Based on the photo...

Comment

Give him a dodgy bowl-like blonde mullet and I can see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              http://www.darkhorizons.com/noah-cen...-he-is-he-man/

Well he has to look like Prince Adam and He-Man, right? In the old movie, Lungren was He-Man for the entire film.

Comment

Simple solution... rehire Lundgren as Old He-Man. Bad ass.

Comment

No. Just no. Lundgren's film was not good in any way. What kind of weird nostalgia trip are you on that you would want more of that?

Comment

My missus would kill for that sequel

Comment

Lame to Fame:
                      Kid at school's auntie is Chelsea Field, who plays Teela in the He-Man film.
                      Other notable roles include the air stewardess in Commando, the cop chasing Pamela Anderson in Snapdragon and Scott Bakula's wife in, well, real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        http://www.darkhorizons.com/noah-cen...-he-is-he-man/

This comment in the photo link says it best really:

"Are these people even a little bit familiar with He-Man? He-Man is big, really big. Dwayne Johnson, John Cena, Jason Momoa - big, muscley, bulky big. This kid's not even close. If he lived in a gym for a year he wouldn't get that big. This isn't just bad casting, it's silly casting. They might as well cast Rami Malek."

Comment

Does anyone care about He-man? Who is this film aimed at?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Does anyone care about He-man? Who is this film aimed at?
                            This is a really good question because, personally, I suspect that those of us who have a big nostalgic attachment to He-Man don't actually really want to see He-Man as it was. But that reboot cartoon they did years ago was great... but then nobody watched it.

I think the idea of He-Man and the attachment to the toys and nostalgia is stronger than He-Man itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              This is a really good question because, personally, I suspect that those of us who have a big nostalgic attachment to He-Man don't actually really want to see He-Man as it was. But that reboot cartoon they did years ago was great... but then nobody watched it.
                              Yeah, the Thundercats reboot didn't take off either.

But when they announced that newer, comedic one with the cutesey look to it, all of sudden the whole internet were Thundercats fans who were offended by the change. You can't win.

Comment

Working...
                              X