No announcement yet.

Sleeping Dogs (360/PS3/PC) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently 76.5% with 12 hours played don't want it to end now I've mastered the fighting techniques
    loving the missions towards the end of this journey and helps now I have some serious motors and bikes to rip through the traffic

Comment

91.2% now on the home straight the shoot out at the cemetery was awesome I love kickassing with a grenade launcher

Comment

I'm really pleased everybody seems to be getting a kick out of this.

I'll be definitely playing this once I've chipped away at the "to do" pile!

Now that a couple of you have finished it, do you think it's short or you've just really enjoyed it and caned it?

Comment

It's not short but it's addictive I did it on about 13-15 hours that was pretty much a straight run. I caned it though as I was enjoying the story it will probably take 30-40 to fully mop up if you are in to that sort of thing

Comment

Played this for 40 minutes on my lunch and liked it enough to buy it. I generally don't like GTA games but the combat and setting of this make it interesting enough to give it some attention.

I'm off today and tomorrow so a mammoth session is on the cards!

Comment

Played the demo last night and it was ace. Loved the hand to hand combat, simple enough to learn to a good standard quickly but deep enough to keep it interesting. Being surrounded and constantly attacking and countering mid-combo is a satisfying experience.
              The shooting is really well done too, nothing amazing but works well.

The only gripe I do have is the character movement is a bit off.

Comment

Finished this yesterday loved the game after a few hiccups.Really enjoyed the second half of the story line,took me 16 hours but I still got a lot to do with the drug deals and street racing

Comment

This has pretty much been my game over this break think I'm about 7 or so hours in...its a lot of fun please tell me it get more fun

Comment

This game is awesome. Despite being skint I picked it up on a whim for ?37 from Tesco. A tighter version of GTA, definitely. I am glad its kind of short as I am short on time to play the thing! Saying that, after 5 hours or so I have only done the gun tutorial mission, but still have no guns or missions outside the first section. Took a boat out to the gambling den, that's locked at the moment. I love the freedom with the vehicles though...hoping a helicopter turns up at some point!

Comment

This is great. Good story, acting and fighting. Better that GTA by a long stretch and looks bloody fantastic.Had it crash a couple of times though and lost 10 minutes of progress.

Comment

Glad it was free for ps+ originally bought it on ps3 then changed to 360 but I'll play this again on ps3

Comment

Herbalizer got it for me on PC for a couple of quid :-)

Comment

I got this as a Christmas present and I'm looking forward to playing it.

There are a few new DLC packs coming out too, for those who've finished it:
                            Square Enix's highly successful sandbox title, Sleeping Dogs, has seen plenty of DLC released already. The most recent DLC packs released for Sleeping Dogs came out earlier this week, as the "Movie M

The DLC will keep rolling in strong this year, and Lee Singleton, General Manager of Square Enix London Studios, will be making sure of it:

We felt we had a hit on our hands in SLEEPING DOGS and to be the UK's best-selling new IP of 2012 is a fantastic achievement. Our goal was to set new benchmarks in the open world genre with best-in-class combat, driving and story-telling, and hopefully gamers feel that we've done that with SLEEPING DOGS. We will continue to do that in 2013 with the downloadable content still planned for release.
                            "Movie Masters Pack"
                            Don the outfit of the lone Vigilante, become a heroic legend with the Unknown Warrior outfit, or coat yourself in an armor of bronze and take on all manner of attacks while wearing the Bronze Warrior outfit.

"The Monkey King Pack"
                            With the power of the immortals great strength is bestowed upon you! The Monkey King outfit includes its own buff, signature weapon, and vehicle. While wearing this full-body outfit you are automatically granted a double-handed staff during melee and can travel across Hong Kong on the unique Cloud Motorcycle.

"Year of the Snake"
                            Wei Shen's story continues in Year of the Snake as he rejoins the ranks of the Hong Kong Police Department in a series of new missions set immediately after the main game. A vicious end-of-the-world cult is taking root in the back streets of Hong Kong... the Cult of the Snake. Hell-bent on cleansing the city of its evils, they cannot be negotiated with as they pursue a path to their righteous salvation. With an arsenal of weapons, including teargas guns and electroshock pistols, new outfits and abilities, Wei must enter a race against the clock to bring the cultists to justice before Judgment Day.

"Wheels of Fury Pack"
                            Drug smuggling is big business for Hong Kong's triad gangs and Wei Shen's longtime friend Dr Tang has created the wheels to give the Sun On Yee the edge over their rivals. A weaponised supercar, the prototype DZS-90 will give Wei Shen enough armour and firepower to take control of business. Seize the streets back from the 18K with a series of upgrades and add-ons available on completion of each mission, building into the ultimate supercar available both in missions and in the open world.

"Law Enforcer Pack"
                            No criminal in Hong Kong is safe from justice. The Law Enforcer Pack gives players their most comprehensive access yet to police department gear, including two cop outfits, a new weapon and five police vehicles.

No price has been confirmed for the packs yet, but all three DLC expansions for Sleeping Dogs will be releasing sometime in February and/or March.

Comment

Naturally, mine is still sat unplayed.

With an actual day off today (the first without either work, school or both since Jan 8th) I'll be poking some choice games and this will probably be one of them.

Comment

Don't know if I ever posted in here, but I loved this game. Really wasn't expecting a lot but I ended up 100%ing it. Good quality fun. I've been picking up the DLC when its on sale in steam but I've not played any yet. I'll wait for a bit to build up and do it all in one go.

Comment

Working...
                                X