No announcement yet.

Sleeping Dogs (360/PS3/PC) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished off the main game after about 40 or so hours, it was absolutely mental, I loved it. Wei Shen for me is the coolest mofo around. The man certainly had the moves with the ladies! Fighting was loads of fun, the combat finishes were hysterical - very bloody and brutal, very cool. Yes the handling of the cars whilst driving was diabolical, but overall the rest of the game was excellent. I loved the presentation of HK and the people. Great hand to hand combat, slo-mo, cool sequences and a whole lot of fun. I also loved the Enter the Dragon tournament/island bit, it was classic. 8/10

Now to the DLC.

Comment

Got to agree. One of the best games on the PS4, despite being a port of a last gen title.

Comment

So I gave this quite a few hours over the weekend on PS4 after the games collection were doing it for ?9.99 shipped. Whereas I've probably already had my money out of it, it's a total roller coaster game as far as enjoying it is concerned. Every time I'm starting to get in to it something will happen that massively irks me gameplay wise, I'm lucky if I can sit for any more than thirty minutes at a time playing. It's quite impressive considering it's a last gen game as stated above, but I don't know if I'll be able to continue with the crappy combat that makes up much of the action.

Comment

I had loads of problems initially with this regarding the combat - died several times on every mission - at which point, I decided to find all the health shrines. Once you've got your health upgraded as far as it can go, combat becomes much easier...and the game more enjoyable.

Comment

Yeah, I reached the point last night where I started looking for the shrines, coming across them is pretty random though!

Comment

With this being a game I started about nine months ago, having picked up very cheaply on US PSN, and being something I've played for a bit, then ignored, then played for a bit and ignored, I set myself a target this week of mopping up as many trophies as I could this week before going on holiday tomorrow.

I've managed to get all the trophies for the main game - have to do the two DLC packs for completions sake - and I've throughly enjoyed it. Considering it's nearly always on offer somewhere, and can often be picked up for under ?10, the amount of gameplay if you get into it is incredible.

First thing when I get back from holiday will be to finish the DLC and 100%. The amount I've put into the game, it's the least I should do! 😀

Comment

I had great fun with this. Picked it up on sale for around a tenner. Will probably do the same as you at some stage, Tony, and mop up the rest of it.

Comment

Got this on game for gold free for the xbox 360 but it was so good I had to buy the DLC. Recently picked up the DX11 PC version cheap on steam to, certainly one of the better end life games for the older generation of consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                    I had great fun with this. Picked it up on sale for around a tenner. Will probably do the same as you at some stage, Tony, and mop up the rest of it.
                    Be warned - some of the trophies you have to mop up involve doing the same repetitive task!

However, some of them are really enjoyable. I also started/finished the Nightmare In North Point DLC, including the five trophies attached with it, in a couple of hours. More of the same really - but fun and not too long.

Comment

Working...
                    X